Navigation Pack programmes ported from HP 67
07-31-2020, 04:42 AM
Navigation Pack programmes ported from HP 67
I have copied two programmes from the HP41C Software Library.
These programmes are - (1) Great Circle and Rhumb Line Navigation, and,
(2) Bearing Line of Position.
My limited experience with running programmes is that Initial data to be used in the programme is either stored on the stack, or in storage stacks, or the programme pauses and asks for the data as it is needed by the programme.
My problem is that I don't know how to put that data in.
I have gone to the original programme from the HP Museum pdf of those programmes but I am not helped (it may be my inexperience).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2020, 06:53 PM
RE: Navigation Pack programmes ported from HP 67
I don't know how you are running these programs: on an HP 41C/CV/CX, on a 41CL, on an emulator or on the DM41X.

In any case you need the CardReader ROM which contains the 67 compatibility functions used to run HP 67 programs on the 41C. So, either plug a card reader on your physical 41C or load the card reader ROM on the emulators/DM41X.

Then once you have loaded the program on the 41 physical or virtual device, you need to ensure that the program counter is located in the 67 program. For example for the "Bearing Line of Position" program you need to do: GTO "BRLP67".

Then select the 41C User mode to have the 67 soft keys A, B, C, D, E assigned to the 41C top row.

Then you're ready, you just need to follow the program instructions from the manual.

I tested the BRLP67 program on the V41 emulator and was able run the example 1 page 09-02 by pressing the keys as described.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)