Well maintained TI SR-52 looking for a home
08-15-2020, 10:57 PM
Well maintained TI SR-52 looking for a home
Hello all,

As a teenager in 1978, I purchased my first real computer - a TI SR-52 calculator - from a local office stationary store. It was my first foray into the world of computing and served me well for many years. It has been sitting in its original box on a shelf for over 35 years with all of its original accessories (manuals, case, adapter, mag cards, etc.) The calculator no longer powers up properly when on the adapter (the batteries like most NiCads of the era are corroded and dead), though I do hear the whir of the card reader and LED flashes as it attempts to boot up. That said, cosmetically it is in beautiful shape as I was especially careful to keep it that way given what it cost me 42 years ago.

Anyway, I am looking for a good home for my old friend. If anyone on the forum is interested in refurbishing this guy - and is willing to pay the shipping costs from my location in Canada - let me know and I will make arrangements to have it sent to you. I'll also post with pictures if I receive any responses.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2020, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2020 04:55 PM by aaronstein.)
RE: Well maintained TI SR-52 looking for a home
Some photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cZBsw8jbJQLL8MV5A
08-16-2020, 05:14 PM
Photos are now visible and clear, thanks for adding those.

Reply sent via email

--Bob Prosperi
08-19-2020, 03:15 AM
Hi folks,

I have someone interested in the calculator who is relatively local (North America) which should make shipping a bit less of an issue. So it looks like my SR-52 will soon have a new home.

Thanks to those who showed interest. Great to hear that there are still people maintaining these old gems.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)