Math Templates word equivalents
08-17-2020, 06:31 PM
Math Templates word equivalents
I am looking for the word equivalents and/or keystroke equivalents of all of the 'math templates' that appear when pressing the key above the COS button, that explains their use.
If it is in the manual somewhere or there is a website link, that's all I need.

Something like this:
The first template is divide. The equivalent is pressing the divide key. Example 3/2
The second template is power. The equivalent is pressing the key below the Vars key, or using the carat ^ key on the keyboard (for the software version of HP Prime). Example 4^6
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2020, 08:23 PM
RE: Math Templates word equivalents
I don't think the user guide describes the commands behind each template, but you can find out by filling them out with symbolic variables and then copy-pasting to a note or program.
08-17-2020, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2020 11:19 PM by dae.)
(08-17-2020 08:23 PM)victorvbc Wrote:  I don't think the user guide describes the commands behind each template, but you can find out by filling them out with symbolic variables and then copy-pasting to a note or program.

If I knew how to fill them in correctly, I wouldn't need information on how to use them. I get "syntax error", or the Help system just goes to the generic entry point, with no clue what to search for.

It would help if someone would post examples of these 18 templates.
08-17-2020, 11:54 PM
Sorry, I thought you just wanted to know the keystroke equivalent. To get info on the command you have to press the help key when it's entered, after selecting it from the templates menu.

That ought to work for most of them anyway. I can make a sequence of screenshots if you need more help.
08-19-2020, 05:26 AM
If you select it and press the HELP key does it go to the correct command for you?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)