HP 41CX keyboard question
03-02-2023, 11:36 AM
HP 41CX keyboard question
I have a 41CX halfnut that looks and works great, but has one small issue - the bottom two rows or so, especially R/S key, are a little loose. I can very gently tap them and they move a bit and make a creaking sound. Work perfectly, but a bit annoying, especially next to my other two 41s that are rock-solid.

Is there anything I can do to with these? Is this just from use, or were later versions of halfnut (this is SN 28xxx) like this? Any feedback would be great, trying to learn the 41 way...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2023, 01:45 PM
RE: HP 41CX keyboard question
Not sure if it's relevant, but all the classic models I've seen have loose keys - some rattle like a cereal box when you shake them. 41C*'s, E-series do not.
03-02-2023, 02:27 PM
hi,
I have two halfnuts from 88 and 89 with perfect keyboard, may be your CX was heavily used.
So it should not be a common problem. Which production country (letter in the serial) is it?
Ralf

/41/48/
03-02-2023, 03:53 PM
(03-02-2023 02:27 PM)Hiwi Wrote:  hi,
I have two halfnuts from 88 and 89 with perfect keyboard, may be your CX was heavily used.
So it should not be a common problem. Which production country (letter in the serial) is it?
Ralf

That's what I'm afraid of. Like I said, it looks great, but that can be deceiving... It's made in Singapore, although this being my only 28xxx (I have a 25xxx and 26xxx also), it seems just a little different - keys seem a bit lighter brown color, the yellow lettering is a bit more orange, and the model name label on the bottom has smaller lettering.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)