Math PAC 1 & 2 and and E.E. Pac 1 Instructions
09-10-2020, 02:26 AM
Math PAC 1 & 2 and and E.E. Pac 1 Instructions
Does anyone have these instructions I can borrow for a couple of days to scan so I can make a couple of spiral bound copies? In return I will send back the instructions with spiral bound copies. Or a nice, clean charger or two. Or a dead, but rebuildable battery pack or two.

Or! PDFs that do not have restrictions on copying like the ones in the Museum USB drive.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2020, 03:25 PM
RE: Math PAC 1 & 2 and and E.E. Pac 1 Instructions
The manuals are available as individual page images on ***** and don't appear to have restrictions.

Perhaps Dave Hicks can weigh in on whether it's okay to make paper copies of the museum scans. It's possible that he intended to disallow sharing of the electronic versions.
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: Math PAC 1 & 2 and and E.E. Pac 1 Instructions
Long reply -- sorry.

Dave Hicks has already told me I can't use them. I KNOW the copyright claim is not enforceable for scans of other works, even if given permission, because there is no original work added to them. The scanning and cleaning up with Photoshop or similar is not original work. But, out of respect for the museum I will not use them - I think. And, I do not want to pay for very poor scans to include when selling the 3 Pacs. I'm going to sell them at a reasonable price, not what the typical asking price is on eBay and don't want to add $10 per instruction book to the price for really bad scans.

I would be happy to make much better scans and give the to the museum if I can borrow originals from someone.

(09-10-2020 03:25 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  The manuals are available as individual page images on ***** and don't appear to have restrictions.

Perhaps Dave Hicks can weigh in on whether it's okay to make paper copies of the museum scans. It's possible that he intended to disallow sharing of the electronic versions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)