Android HP Prime Lite app
09-16-2020, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2020 05:45 PM by StephanP.)
Android HP Prime Lite app
There used to be two Android versions of the HP Prime emulator in Google Playstore. Now I can only find the paid PRO version. Did HP pull the free HP Prime Lite app from the store?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2020, 02:41 AM
RE: Android HP Prime Lite app
No, it got pulled automatically due to needing a small tweak to an openFile api. Kind of a surprise to us as well.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-26-2020, 01:16 PM
Looks like both HP Prime Lite and HP Prime Pro were pulled from the Google Play Store. Anyone know why and whether they'll be back?
09-26-2020, 03:58 PM
(09-26-2020 01:16 PM)acser Wrote:  Looks like both HP Prime Lite and HP Prime Pro were pulled from the Google Play Store. Anyone know why and whether they'll be back?
The why was answered by Tim in the post above yours. As to when, that is up to Tim as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2020, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2020 05:16 PM by ijabbott.)
The Lite app can be downloaded from Aptoide here, although curiously, Aptoide's search function doesn't find it! (Perhaps it is searching the Google Play Store?)

— Ian Abbott
09-26-2020, 07:02 PM
Soo... If I get a new Android phone, I wont be able to install the Pro App I paid for?
09-27-2020, 01:25 AM
(09-26-2020 07:02 PM)jonese Wrote:  Soo... If I get a new Android phone, I wont be able to install the Pro App I paid for?

Not until HP gets it listed and approved again, which process is probably already underway. Tim's comment made it sound like a persnickety little technical violation which likely is easy and quick to fix, probably faster than the process to have it reviewed for compliance and approval.

--Bob Prosperi
09-27-2020, 02:37 PM
(09-26-2020 07:02 PM)jonese Wrote:  Soo... If I get a new Android phone, I wont be able to install the Pro App I paid for?

With Android it's much simpler. Just backup the APK from the old phone and then sideload it onto the new one.
09-28-2020, 12:32 PM
In versions Lite and Pro (.apk), I encountered one feature. The emulator menu is called either by clicking on the striped icon or by sliding in the middle area of the screen from left to right. But after executing item Hide Title, this menu enable no longer be called in any way. It is returned only after reinstalling the emulator. I didn`t check on tablets, only on phones with androids 5, 7 and 9.
[Image: 31768998_m.png]
10-07-2020, 02:58 AM
Good luck getting it back up in the store, Tim. I've enjoyed that app and was happy to buy it.
12-09-2020, 06:00 AM
(09-17-2020 02:41 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  No, it got pulled automatically due to needing a small tweak to an openFile api. Kind of a surprise to us as well.

Any news on this small tweak and the re-release of these Android emulator apps?
01-13-2021, 03:00 PM
(12-09-2020 06:00 AM)StephanP Wrote:  
(09-17-2020 02:41 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  No, it got pulled automatically due to needing a small tweak to an openFile api. Kind of a surprise to us as well.

Any news on this small tweak and the re-release of these Android emulator apps?

Yes please.
01-21-2021, 01:19 AM
Have you tried

https://apkpure.com/hp-prime-lite/com.hp...lator.free
01-23-2021, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2021 05:16 PM by TheLastMillennial.)
Just yesterday, TI-Planet posted a reminder that they host the free HP Prime emulator apps for Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. The apkpure site in the above post is probably perfectly fine, but I'm glad a trustworthy site I've used for years is also hosting the files.

Cemetech | YouTube
03-12-2021, 02:12 PM
Bump
If it's said to be but a small tweak, would it be possible to release a new build to the Playstore in a short while then?
03-12-2021, 11:15 PM
When Cyrille released the update video back in January, he made it sound like it wasn't going to be a quick process to update the app using the new tools. On top of this, the pandemic means he has no time at all to work on calculators. Sadly, it's going to be a while before any sort of calculator progress occurs again.

Cemetech | YouTube
03-29-2021, 01:19 PM
I don’t know if HP are waiting for a collective cry of outrage before acting, but please add me as a “me too”.

I’ve switched phones and now can’t reinstall and use this very expensive app that I’ve paid for.
03-29-2021, 07:21 PM
Because Google is screwing over HP's customers by removing the app from Google Play, and because HP's management is apparently too incompetent to allow their developers to make Google restore the app, if anyone purchased the HP Prime Pro app and no longer has it on their phone and wants to sideload it, please email me at eric@hpcalc.org and attach some kind of proof that you purchased it and I will send you the APK. No assistance will be provided in sideloading it; you are on your own there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)