Strange Issues running two Emu48
09-29-2020, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2020 10:19 AM by RPLman.)
Strange Issues running two Emu48
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with running Emu48+.exe (1.61) ARM-based calculators interfering with the other Emu48.exe (1.62) Saturn-base. I'm using RealCalc-3.0 KML skins.

I've been using HP50g skin ARM-based Emu48+.exe, but when I'll try using Saturn-base Emu48.exe to load up the KML skin for HP48g the KML will not show in the drop-down list, it tries to continue using Emu48+.exe even though I clicked on Saturn-base Emu48.exe.

I work around this by installing standalone portable copies and it worked for a short time but now it started to interfere with each other.

I Know I can rename 49g instead of the 50g and only use Emu48.exe (1.62) Saturn-base but I don't want to do this.

Is there a reason why this happening and a workaround?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2020, 10:19 PM
RE: Strange Issues running two Emu48
(09-29-2020 09:39 AM)RPLman Wrote:  Hi guys,

I'm having issues with running Emu48+.exe (1.61) ARM-based calculators interfering with the other Emu48.exe (1.62) Saturn-base. I'm using RealCalc-3.0 KML skins.

I've been using HP50g skin ARM-based Emu48+.exe, but when I'll try using Saturn-base Emu48.exe to load up the KML skin for HP48g the KML will not show in the drop-down list, it tries to continue using Emu48+.exe even though I clicked on Saturn-base Emu48.exe.

I work around this by installing standalone portable copies and it worked for a short time but now it started to interfere with each other.

I Know I can rename 49g instead of the 50g and only use Emu48.exe (1.62) Saturn-base but I don't want to do this.

Is there a reason why this happening and a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Emu48 Classic (actual v1.63) Saturn-base use the registry key

HKCU/Software/Emu48

whereas Emu48+ (v1.61) use the registry key

HKCU/Software/Hewlett-Packard/Debug4x/Emu48

for saving the actual settings. In the registry tree under HKCU/Software/Emu48/Files/Emu48Directory or HKCU/Software/Hewlett-Packard/Debug4x/Emu48/Files/Emu48Directory is standing the installation directory of the KML files. So if both registry keys shows to different KML file directories Emu48 can't find KML files in the Emu48+ directory and vice versa.

There are no portable versions! The settings path for the registry are hard coded in the exe file, so it doesen't matter in which directory the emulator exe file is located and which name it has. Relevent is the hard coded registry key path and the content of the ./Files/Emu48Directory REG_SZ data.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)