HP85 Plotter Service Tape: HP 7550A Plotter Test Program
01-17-2020, 08:00 PM
HP85 Plotter Service Tape: HP 7550A Plotter Test Program
Hello:

The 7550A service manual lists a couple test programs (written in BASIC) which are most useful.

However, it refers to one program, the 'Dynamic Performance Test' that is provided on the HP85 Plotter service tape, HP P/N 5010-2585(date code 2412).

I am hoping that someone out there has access to this tape and can reproduce the program. (It appears to be an Autorun sort of program, but I am hoping/assuming it is in some form of BASIC (or other human-readable form)).

Thank you,
Regards,
TomC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2022, 04:49 PM
RE: HP85 Plotter Service Tape: HP 7550A Plotter Test Program
(01-17-2020 08:00 PM)TomC Wrote:  Hello:

The 7550A service manual lists a couple test programs (written in BASIC) which are most useful.

However, it refers to one program, the 'Dynamic Performance Test' that is provided on the HP85 Plotter service tape, HP P/N 5010-2585(date code 2412).

I am hoping that someone out there has access to this tape and can reproduce the program. (It appears to be an Autorun sort of program, but I am hoping/assuming it is in some form of BASIC (or other human-readable form)).

Thank you,
Regards,
TomC

Hi Tom,

As I understand the 7550A service manual the "Dynamic Performance Test" is done by the "QA (Quality Assurance) test program" that could by found on the service tape. I think it's that one you are looking for. Unfortunately the listing is not include in that manual.

Andi
09-27-2022, 06:36 PM
RE: HP85 Plotter Service Tape: HP 7550A Plotter Test Program
Hello Andi:

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that the listing is not shown in the manual, but I was hoping someone would be able to read the program from the tape, de-tokenize it if necessary and generate a readable listing.

Regards,
TomC

(09-27-2022 04:49 PM)AndiGer Wrote:  
(01-17-2020 08:00 PM)TomC Wrote:  Hello:

Thank you,
Regards,
TomC

Hi Tom,

As I understand the 7550A service manual the "Dynamic Performance Test" is done by the "QA (Quality Assurance) test program" that could by found on the service tape. I think it's that one you are looking for. Unfortunately the listing is not include in that manual.

Andi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)