Casio FX-802p manual
10-23-2020, 07:21 AM
Casio FX-802p manual
Dear All,

I was able to acquire a Casio FX-802p on TAS. This is one of those nice little BASIC pocket computers. The FX-802p doesn't come close to the HP-71 or HP-75 in any way, but it has a tiny built-in thermal printer.

Unfortunately, the manual was not included and I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet.

Does any of you happen to have a manual and/or service manual as a PDF file or know where to find one on the internet?

Any hint will be very much appreciated.

Best regards

Karl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2020, 05:38 AM
RE: Casio FX-802p manual
Hi. Yes, it's very difficult to find the manual for this model.
But this pocket PC has the same BASIC as the Casio PB-100, so give it a try with this manual.
I hope this helps.

You can find the manual on http://basic.hopto.org/basic/manuales.php

Calculadoras programables BASIC años 80-90:
http://basic.hopto.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2020, 04:13 PM
It seems that this is a Casio FX-700p with a printer.
The manual for the 700p is here: https://casio.ledudu.com/images/pockets/...fX700p.pdf
10-24-2020, 04:19 PM
Hello and a big hearty Thank You to foroplus and pascal_meheut - with the help of these manuals I can now access the full potential of this little wonder.

Best regards

Karl
10-24-2020, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2020 07:48 PM by foroplus.)
(10-24-2020 04:13 PM)pascal_meheut Wrote:  It seems that this is a Casio FX-700p with a printer.
The manual for the 700p is here: https://casio.ledudu.com/images/pockets/...fX700p.pdf
Yes, you can use this manual as well. The three of them are the same calculator as they have the same SOC (HD61913 or HD61917) ROM A01.
Even the PB-100 has a hidden key for function key F if you take apart it and look the keyboard side of the main board.

Calculadoras programables BASIC años 80-90:
http://basic.hopto.org
08-31-2023, 11:40 PM
Not sure if you still need it, but I do have original in spanish: "FX-802P Biblioteca De Programas" 152 pages. Maybe I can scan it one of these days...
10-10-2023, 05:29 AM
I just acquired an 802p and am trying to work out how to print. I also could not find a manual for this exact model.

Would you be able to take a photo or list the print page of your manual?

I'm getting ERR9 when I enable PRT mode (MODE 7).

I'm running on batteries so not sure if the printer requires AC power.

Also don't know if you can plug the AC adaptor in while there are batteries installed.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

(08-31-2023 11:40 PM)isidroco Wrote:  Not sure if you still need it, but I do have original in spanish: "FX-802P Biblioteca De Programas" 152 pages. Maybe I can scan it one of these days...

Calculator Clique on YouTube
10-10-2023, 10:28 AM
Hi DMH,

for the printer there are some NiCd batteries build into the 802p. Therefore I would recommend to use the AC power for printing. Error 9 means "No printer or recorder is connected and execution is attempted in the PRT mode or optional command such as SAVE is executed." I guess Error 9 can be interpreted as a sign that the printer doesn't get enough current.

In the meantime I could download the German version of the users manual here. You can also use the manual of the Casio fx-700p.

Please send me a PM if you'd like that I send you the German 802p or the Englich 700p manual as pdf.

Best regards
Karl
10-10-2023, 10:46 AM
Thanks Karl.

I found the 700P manual but it doesn't have the builtin printer. I've downloaded the German manual you provided a link to (my high school German is very rusty though :-).

Have you tried replacing the printer batteries? Does your printer work?

I tried with the AC adaptor and the printer made a noise but nothing moved unfortunately.

Thanks again, Darren

(10-10-2023 10:28 AM)Karl-Ludwig Butte Wrote:  Hi DMH,

for the printer there are some NiCd batteries build into the 802p. Therefore I would recommend to use the AC power for printing. Error 9 means "No printer or recorder is connected and execution is attempted in the PRT mode or optional command such as SAVE is executed." I guess Error 9 can be interpreted as a sign that the printer doesn't get enough current.

In the meantime I could download the German version of the users manual here. You can also use the manual of the Casio fx-700p.

Please send me a PM if you'd like that I send you the German 802p or the Englich 700p manual as pdf.

Best regards
Karl

Calculator Clique on YouTube
10-11-2023, 08:25 AM
Hi Darren,

I reexamined my machine and observed the same phenomenon as you. I connected the external power supply for some time but only the paper feed key worked. All other printing actions ended with Err 9.

Because the printer worked when I got the unit I assume that the rechargeable batteries must be renewed.

I'll further investigate and keep you informed.

Best regards

Karl
10-11-2023, 12:21 PM
Yes, likely the battery pack is dead. Even a new pack back in the day would take ~16hours to charge up fully. The only charge control is a current limiting resistor and the amount of time the charger is left plugged in. The current limiting resistor drops too much voltage to allow trying to print using only the charger.

I have also had a few thermal printers stick after years of nonuse. Typically taking the calculator's case off and carefully rotating the drive motor by hand is enough to get them moving again.
10-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Thanks Jeff for your comment. I'll keep that in mind while trying to get the printer "back to life".

Best regards Karl
10-12-2023, 10:09 AM
(10-10-2023 10:46 AM)dmh Wrote:  Thanks Karl.

I found the 700P manual but it doesn't have the builtin printer. I've downloaded the German manual you provided a link to (my high school German is very rusty though :-).

Have you tried replacing the printer batteries? Does your printer work?

I tried with the AC adaptor and the printer made a noise but nothing moved unfortunately.

Thanks again, Darren

(10-10-2023 10:28 AM)Karl-Ludwig Butte Wrote:  Hi DMH,

Best regards
Karl

Hi Darren,

I unscrewed my machine and checked the batteries. They look ok and had already been changed from NiCd to NiMh. But I noticed a broken wire on the ribbon cable that connects the two boards.

Could you please check your machine to see if the ribbon cable also has broken wire(s)?

I would like to suggest that we start a new thread with the subject "Printer repair on a Casio 802p" so that other forum members who have a similar problem can find this thread more easily later.

I'll send you a PM, too.

Best regards
Karl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)