Thread Closed 
Review: Swiss Micros DM41X
01-01-2021, 07:14 PM
RE: Review: Swiss Micros DM41X
I have a question: which option from the ones shown in the photo will I get by ordering a calculator from SwissMicros? For $230, I`d prefer the option on the left.
[Image: 32830470_m.png]
I was also wary of the quote from the DM-42 manual (I believe this applies to the DM-41X as well):
Quote:Internal flash has limited amount of write cycles. While the lifetime with ordinary usage could be dozens of years, an excessive number of writes will wear the flash memory much quicker. Worst case scenario, you would have to replace the flash chip, which is worth less than $1 ... The datasheet mentions a minimum of 100,000 write cycles, which sounds like a lot, but any change in the filesystem means overwriting at least part of the file allocation table, which is stored in a static location.
Flash chip, which is worth less than $1 in a device for such a price? Are they not relieving themselves of responsibility in advance, realizing the low reliability of their calculators? At least even in my old and cheap TI-83+ for 15 years of intensive operation, I did not have any problems with flash, and there were no warnings in the manual.
Also surprising is the very low speed of calculations. Was it really impossible to install two CR2032 cells and provide good autonomy at 80MHz (without USB connection)? I don`t think the price of these exclusive calculators is too high. But I have no confidence in the longevity of these devices.
Find all posts by this user
01-01-2021, 07:20 PM
RE: Review: Swiss Micros DM41X
Closing thread. Everyone take a deep breath.

Remember, please keep our posts away from anything personal. That's not why we are here.

Opinions are good. Many times we have the same ones! When we don't, let's be sure to be kind in our words.

Gene
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)