One person's trash...
12-01-2020, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2020 09:22 PM by TellyS.)
One person's trash...
I have been collecting calculators for many years (as most of you have). On occasion, I bought two or three of the same so that I end up with a good working one (as most of you have). So, now I have a collection of parts that may or may not work, empty cases, boxes, manuals that don't belong. However, I never found it in my heart to throw them away.

There is no real monetary value for any of those, but someone may really need that little something that I happen to have in my junk drawer. There has to be a limit on how long you keep that junk. Any suggestions anyone?

Telly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2020, 10:53 PM
RE: One person's trash...
Hi Telly
They may be of value for someone else who's trying to put together a working piece ...
What kind of spares do you have ?

Edoardo & Alberto
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2020, 01:11 AM
(12-01-2020 09:21 PM)TellyS Wrote:  I have been collecting calculators for many years (as most of you have). On occasion, I bought two or three of the same so that I end up with a good working one (as most of you have). So, now I have a collection of parts that may or may not work, empty cases, boxes, manuals that don't belong. However, I never found it in my heart to throw them away.

There is no real monetary value for any of those, but someone may really need that little something that I happen to have in my junk drawer. There has to be a limit on how long you keep that junk. Any suggestions anyone?

Telly

It may be best to list the spares that you have, and let people make offers. Spare parts for the classics, the Woodstock, and Spice models have gotten fairly scarce. Some may be looking for parts, others for manuals (because they prefer the original, printed manuals, as the MoHPC USB stick does have the manual contents), and others just may want the paraphernalia (boxes, quick reference guides, port covers, programming forms, etc.) You can work out the details between yourself and the interested parties, but they will need to know what is availalble first. It may be best to list this stuff on the "for sale" section.
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2020, 03:48 AM
(12-02-2020 01:11 AM)Kostas Kritsilas Wrote:  It may be best to list the spares that you have, and let people make offers. Spare parts for the classics, the Woodstock, and Spice models have gotten fairly scarce. Some may be looking for parts, others for manuals (because they prefer the original, printed manuals, as the MoHPC USB stick does have the manual contents), and others just may want the paraphernalia (boxes, quick reference guides, port covers, programming forms, etc.) You can work out the details between yourself and the interested parties, but they will need to know what is availalble first. It may be best to list this stuff on the "for sale" section.

Kosta,
My intention was more to find out when other collectors decide to throw away a broken calculator or a misbehaving one, or a manual of an obscure calculator that no one else might be collecting. But I will post what I have in the "for sale" section. Who knows. Maybe someone will be able to match his bottom-97 to my top one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)