Basic ROM for HP Portable Plus
11-22-2021, 10:44 PM
RE: Basic ROM for HP Portable Plus
Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2022, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2022 06:43 AM by Klaus Overhage.)
RE: Basic ROM for HP Portable Plus

Hello,
many thanks to everyone who supports the Portable Plus. It's brand new to me, I've had it since this month. Thanks to the J-F Garnier website, I was already able to burn my own EPROMS and use a Windows PC as a drive with ILPer. I also managed to get started with Martin Hepperle's Turbo Pascal ROM (see post: #10 above). The photo shows the output of his example program HPIL.pas with an Arduino IL Drive Simulator connected. It was surprising and very pleasing to me that the Drive Simulator works with the Portable Plus.

The Arduino IL Drive Simulator uses the first two files copied to the SD card as HDRIVE1 and HDRIVE2 after switching on, which the Portable Plus shows as drives C and D. In order to be able to use other files stored on the SD card, I wrote a small program in Pascal. It's called SDS (SD-card Set) and expects two numbers as command line parameters that indicate which file should be used as C or D. With "SDS 3 4" you switch to the next two files and with "SDS 1 2" back again. The change takes place immediately: A "dir c:" after the execution of SDS directly shows the content of the new file. For information, SDS also outputs the two file names of the files that are now active.

Attached is a zip archive with SDS.PAS and SDS.DAT. SDS.PAS and SDS.COM are included in SDS.DAT. This DAT file can be read with ILPer and the Arduino IL Drive Simulator.

Arduino Board as HP-IL device?
look at Post: #22

Arduino IL Drive Sim read good write bad

Attached File(s)
.zip  SDS.zip (Size: 12.84 KB / Downloads: 8)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)