Solve app, multiple equations, Num view: command to uncheck variables?
11-20-2020, 01:40 PM
Solve app, multiple equations, Num view: command to uncheck variables?
I am programming a simple custom app based on the Solve app to prepare a basic framework for my students, so they can work with several equations and include some hints, like Info text and contextual message boxes. It is mostly ready, but I have a question.

The app is simple: when selecting the Symb key, the required set of equations is displayed. Let’s suppose it is a set of two equations and 8 variables to be set afterwards when pressing the Num key

Thus, when launching the Num view, all 8 variables are checked to be solved, but I need to check only two. So I have to manually uncheck the 6 remaining variables.

Though this is not a critical feature, does anybody know a way to program the checking/unckecking of the variables? There are commands for the Symb view like CHECK and UNCHECK to select the equations, but, is there anything for the Num view of the Solve App?

Cheers!

PS.: for the HP 48/49/50 this would be done with the commands MCALC and MUSER, but I am curious to find something similar for the HP Prime.

Ramón
Valladolid, Spain
TI-50, Casio fx-180P, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: Solve app, multiple equations, Num view: command to uncheck variables?
Perhaps the commands: check, ischeck and uncheck may help you, they seem available in all apps.
Arno
Find all posts by this user
11-20-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: Solve app, multiple equations, Num view: command to uncheck variables?
(11-20-2020 03:14 PM)Arno K Wrote:  Perhaps the commands: check, ischeck and uncheck may help you, they seem available in all apps.
Arno
I was looking for something like that, but as said in the post, those commands look suitable only for the Symb view.

Ramón
Valladolid, Spain
TI-50, Casio fx-180P, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)