HP Prime Pro on Android...
01-11-2021, 12:22 AM
HP Prime Pro on Android...
I bought this calc for my android phone and it is now MIA on the play store. Does anyone have any idea where this calc is?

I am very disappointed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2021, 07:09 AM
RE: HP Prime Pro on Android...
I searched as well for HP prime pro and there are a lot of graphic calculators that are offered, bot not HP prime pro. The same result I got searching for HP prime lite or HP prime. It seems they are gone.

In microsoft store they are still available. It seems that HP dicontinued the Android offer. Perhaps they are adopting to TI which as well does not have an Android offer for the TI Nspire but a windows offer.
01-11-2021, 08:07 AM
I expected it to be back by now. Back in September it sounded like it just needed a small change to be accepted again. Both the Lite and Pro versions are still available in the Apple IOS AppStore.
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-15...#pid136459
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2021, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2021 08:58 AM by grsbanks.)
According to Cyrille de Brebisson, the reason the app was pulled from both the Play Store and the Apple Store is because it hadn't been rebuilt against the newest APIs etc. Apparently, if an app isn't updated every so often (why would something that's not broken be fixed?), they consider it to be abandonware and pull it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
01-12-2021, 01:58 PM
Perhaps we should all write to Google and tell them we haven't been able to use Android since the latest version broke, so will they please remove it? Smile

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2021, 04:21 PM
HP itself seems to have no interest in fixing the problems that prevent the popularization of its calculators.
In my city, more than 1000 different models of mobile gadgets alone are now available for sale, which can be sorted by dozens of parameters and ordered with delivery to the office. If such difficulties arise with a single application, then you ought to change the team of "effective managers" in HP.
01-13-2021, 02:58 PM
I have the HP Prime Pro on my old phone. I wonder if I can pull the APK from it and install it on my new one.

I guess I can get the apk from the lite version on APK mirror Sad
01-14-2021, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2021 01:25 AM by Dougggg.)
I was able to back it up on an old phone with esfileexplorer to the sd card and then copied it a cloud and it installed on the new phone just fine. ES file Explorer may not be availible anymore but other backup options may be availible
01-14-2021, 09:20 AM
(01-13-2021 02:58 PM)volwrath Wrote:  I wonder if I can pull the APK from it and install it on my new one.

works with most apps.

(01-14-2021 01:24 AM)Dougggg Wrote:  ES file Explorer may not be availible anymore but other backup options may be availible

e.g. File Manager Plus and AirDroid can do this.
01-14-2021, 04:29 PM
I think any capable file manager could backup your HP Prime Pro 2.1.apk from your android phone. For example on my non rooted phone, I found my .apk files at ///Apps folder (aka Installed apps) with Total Commander.

Prime, 15C CE
01-14-2021, 05:09 PM
Even my Fly441 radiance from 2011 (android 4), although unable to install the HP-Prime Pro apk, transfers this file to newer devices without any problems. Starting with android 5, this app can be installed and works fine.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)