What keystroke-programmables can handle a fully self-scoring game of Yahtzee?
01-17-2021, 06:16 PM
What keystroke-programmables can handle a fully self-scoring game of Yahtzee?
I was looking through assorted programs last night and came across this Yahtzee adaptation for the 41/42, complete with automated scoring:

http://www.rskey.org/gene/hpgene/yz.htm

It got me wondering, what other keystroke programmables are up to this task? Given the length of the program, I doubt the 67/97 could handle it - at least not on a single card, and I don't know that it's a game that could be done elegantly on multiple cards.

The TI-59, on the other hand, seems like it might have enough memory for Yahtzee, and I'm certain the TI-95 would. (8 kilobytes!)

Maybe the DM15L running the firmware with expanded memory? It's got something like 232 registers, which is about 3.5 times as much as a typical 15C. And I'll bet most of the various HP desktop calculators could as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2021, 06:59 PM
RE: What keystroke-programmables can handle a fully self-scoring game of Yahtzee?
The HP50g does easily. I put my own (6-dice, 36-throw) game on. Unfortunately, there was a memory reset and I haven't put it back. (I want to make a few minor modifications.)
Find all posts by this user
01-17-2021, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2021 09:56 PM by Gene.)
RE: What keystroke-programmables can handle a fully self-scoring game of Yahtzee?
The best listing for the game of yahtzee is no longer at that URL but the one that's in the FUNSTUFF rom for the HP-41CL and DM-41X and the V41 emulators.

Corrected a bug in the small straight scoring. PDF attached.

(Edited to correct DM-41CX typo)

Attached File(s)
.pdf  YZ with notes.pdf (Size: 59.64 KB / Downloads: 17)
Find all posts by this user
01-17-2021, 08:34 PM
(01-17-2021 06:59 PM)ttw Wrote:  The HP50g does easily. I put my own (6-dice, 36-throw) game on. Unfortunately, there was a memory reset and I haven't put it back. (I want to make a few minor modifications.)

Yeah, any of the RPL machines - barring the 28C with its laughable amount of memory - should be able to handle Yahtzee easily. I'm not quite sure I would consider them keystroke programmable, since RPL is more of a high-level structured language, but it comes close.

(01-17-2021 08:17 PM)Gene Wrote:  The best listing for the game of yahtzee is no longer at that URL but the one that's in the FUNSTUFF rom for the HP-41CL and DM-41CX and the V41 emulators.

Corrected a bug in the small straight scoring. PDF attached.

Nice, I'll have to see if I have that ROM on my 41X already. That'll save me the trouble of typing in the version on your site. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)