Thread Closed 
Are the members of the HP Prime team doing well?
01-25-2021, 09:18 PM
RE: Are the members of the HP Prime team doing well?
Hello Tim,
Thank you very much for your message!
With everything that has happened to you, I can imagine that you can’t have the same enthusiasm as before.
Thank you for all your input and it's great that things are going well again.

Kind regards, Dirk Hartland

— Dirk Hartland
Find all posts by this user
01-26-2021, 12:48 AM
(01-25-2021 12:45 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Hello,

I am good. Past year was rather eventful. In Feb or so wife of 15 years announced completely out of the blue she was moving out and wanted divorce. After a few months, I realized I had been pretty unhappy and depressed for quite a few years, and we were both happier with being apart. Three kids are doing great, learning mandarin, and are fine primarily because it was not a nasty thing; they switch back and forth regularly, we still do dinners together with everyone sometimes, etc. We are both moving forward as close good friends, but now legally divorced - still in Taiwan and loving it here.

Hard for me to get really involved publicly on calcs though because a lot of the passion I had before seems tied with the "old me". Don't cry for me, or worry about me. I honestly am happier now then i was for probably 4/5 years. Big Grin

Keep on, Tim! Glad to hear you are happy, at the end of the day it is what matters.

Everyone here are grateful to you and we wish you well!

Cheers
01-27-2021, 05:29 AM
Wow, you've had quite an insane year Tim! I'm relieved you feel like you've come out happier at the end. I hope things keep getting better for you!

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2021, 11:21 AM
(01-25-2021 12:45 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I honestly am happier now then i was for probably 4/5 years. Big Grin

Good grief, you've been through the mill! As if relocating to Taiwan wasn't traumatic enough, having your wife want a divorce as well... I'm really sorry you had to go through all of that but glad that you feel better in yourself now that it's all behind you.

Cyrille joined us at an HPCC mini-conference earlier this month and explained a lot about the current situation with the Calculator Group and what HP allows you to do. I get it that this is not entirely your call, but please, please prove me wrong in thinking that the Prime will receive little to no further development!

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
01-28-2021, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2021 10:56 PM by Hlib.)
(01-25-2021 12:45 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Hello,

I am good. Past year was rather eventful. In Feb or so wife of 15 years announced completely out of the blue she was moving out and wanted divorce. After a few months, I realized I had been pretty unhappy and depressed for quite a few years, and we were both happier with being apart. Three kids are doing great, learning mandarin, and are fine primarily because it was not a nasty thing; they switch back and forth regularly, we still do dinners together with everyone sometimes, etc. We are both moving forward as close good friends, but now legally divorced - still in Taiwan and loving it here.
Hard for me to get really involved publicly on calcs though because a lot of the passion I had before seems tied with the "old me". Don't cry for me, or worry about me. I honestly am happier now then i was for probably 4/5 years. Big Grin
Hello, Tim! I am sure that the HP-prime team has long since gone to greener pastures, as the HP-39gii team once did. A similar situation occurred in the C. BASIC (from Sentaro21) command. The devastating floods in Japan in July 2020, the personal and financial problems of the project authors, the lack of interest in the project among the sponsors and free users of UCF. Now the brilliant project has stopped.
Calculators have no price in comparison with our personal condition and health. You can`t be happy and successful by participating in the production of low-quality products and constantly deceiving customers. This applies not only to calculators.
N. B. I sometimes found it difficult to understand your posts: some strange dialect of English in terms of semantics, as it seemed to me.
Edit: Judging by all the previous posts from Tim Vessman, I can`t believe the authenticity of his last post on this thread. That`s not his style at all.
01-30-2021, 05:44 AM
(01-28-2021 05:48 PM)Hlib Wrote:  Edit: Judging by all the previous posts from Tim Vessman, I can`t believe the authenticity of his last post on this thread. That`s not his style at all.
So, you're saying someone took control of Tim's account or he was forced to post that?

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2021, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2021 07:04 AM by Tim Wessman.)
(01-30-2021 05:44 AM)TheLastMillennial Wrote:  
(01-28-2021 05:48 PM)Hlib Wrote:  Edit: Judging by all the previous posts from Tim Vessman, I can`t believe the authenticity of his last post on this thread. That`s not his style at all.
So, you're saying someone took control of Tim's account or he was forced to post that?

Nah, it is just the standard trollish non-helpful comments that he/she/it has been making for 10+ years. My block/ignore long since ran out.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-30-2021, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2021 04:37 AM by compsystems.)
Hello, the only thing I finally want in the hp-prime is

1: that the simulator does not retain certain keys after pressing them from the PC keyboard, many times when I use the simulator in class, some keys like SHIFT, SPC after typing the equivalent keys on the PC keyboard they remain pressed on the skin, to release them I have to reload the skin.

2: microPython
[Image: catalog-ide.gif]

Time to support free hardware and software https://symbolibre.org/
01-31-2021, 12:30 PM
As Forrest Gump once said , Life is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're gonna get.

So true.
01-31-2021, 01:59 PM
(01-31-2021 12:30 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  As Forrest Gump once said , Life is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're gonna get.

Forrest Gump's Mamma said that.
02-01-2021, 03:41 PM
(01-31-2021 12:30 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  As Forrest Gump once said , Life is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're gonna get.

So true.

Alternative Timeline Error: Mandela Effect ;-)

Life was like a box of chocolates...
02-01-2021, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2021 05:32 PM by Hans S..)
(01-30-2021 07:03 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Nah, it is just the standard trollish non-helpful comments that he/she/it has been making for 10+ years. My block/ignore long since ran out.
+++
02-03-2021, 10:43 PM
I dislike the HP-Prime calculator because its hardware was developed by amateurs. I solve all the problems in mathlab, because the developers of HP-Prime can not solve the problem with the garbage collector and with the power system. Instead, it is easier to increase the clock speed and free RAM.
Forgive me, but electronics have never been designed like this before. It`s a shame. It`s easier for me to say to my phone: "Alice, where can I find solutions to partial differential equations?". Thanks to the search engine, "Alice" gives me the correct answer: "Alice, set my alarm for 5: 00 AM and start the program at 3:00 AM "StatBas03" in the Graph89 ti-200 emulator in my active smartphone." You`ll never believe it, but it works for me. My smartphone ($120) has trained the "voice robot" a bit, and now "Alice" understands all my commands.
The voice assistant can schedule me a phone call in Chicago at five in the morning from my cheap android in Ukraine, and the HP-Prime doesn`t even have a sound speaker :-). I can`t attract my daughters to calculators. They gave up all my books with calculators and went to Siri or Alice.
Don`t tell me I don`t know anything about calculators. In case of a fallout, the phone advised my daughter to use the CASIO calculator. I`ve never liked FX, but FX turned out to be the best in every way.
And now seriously. HP has betrayed us several times (as have all the other manufacturers). I`d rather spend $750 every month on Cuban cigars and Russian vodka than be once again handsomely cheated by CASIO or HP for $100 ... 250.
02-04-2021, 01:57 AM
(02-03-2021 10:43 PM)Hlib Wrote:  <snip>
The voice assistant can schedule me a phone call in Chicago at five in the morning from my cheap android in Ukraine, and the HP-Prime doesn`t even have a sound speaker :-).

And I can't even watch Netflix either. . . Sheesh!

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
02-04-2021, 02:05 AM
If all your problems are solved by mathlab, why do you hang out here? I mean other than criticizing everyone and everything, implying you can do it all better, chatting with Alice and enjoying copious cigars and vodka, I'm surprised there's any time left to contemplate calculators. If there actually is some spare time available, maybe use it to learn how to contribute to the community? Just a suggestion.

--Bob Prosperi
02-04-2021, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2021 11:15 AM by Hans S..)
(02-03-2021 10:43 PM)Hlib Wrote:  I solve all the problems in mathlab

Shure?

(02-03-2021 10:43 PM)Hlib Wrote:  Russian vodka
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)