Help identifying some mystery 41c modules
02-22-2021, 12:53 PM
Help identifying some mystery 41c modules
I could use some help identifying some modules that came in a 41CX I just bought. There are three of them. They were apparently cleaned of all external labels by a well-meaning restorer.

One is clearly a dual X-Memory module - when it’s installed, my CAT 4 jumps from 124 to 600 registers. Love it.

The other two return stuff I have never seen in CAT 2.
First module:
DST 12V4}5 (that } is the closest I can find ... it's the goose.)
DST 12 1V
DST 12+2V
DST 12-2V

Second module:
DIST 12 V3
DIST 12 -1
DIST 12 +2
DIST 12 -2

Any ideas? I have checked every list of ROMs I can find and nothing like these seems to be known. Any help appreciated. Is there any way to analyze these to get program or function names that might give bigger clues? Do I have something unique here?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2021, 03:12 PM
RE: Help identifying some mystery 41c modules
Function names are easy to get from CAT 2. Hit CATALOG 2, press R/S immediately to stop on the first entry, then press ENTER to get the detailed listing with function names. You can also SST to the module name of interest before pressing ENTER.

On the off chance that you have an 82143A printer, you can switch it to TRACE mode beforehand to print the listings.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2021, 08:57 PM
(02-22-2021 03:12 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Function names are easy to get from CAT 2. Hit CATALOG 2, press R/S immediately to stop on the first entry, then press ENTER to get the detailed listing with function names.

Interesting. Did not know that. I don't have a printer but the list of function names indicates this has something to do with geography. There is a NAD83 function, a SUN function, and a few other that seem to reference geology. When I ran NAD83 it asked for a zone. I gave it my NAD83 FIPS zone but it it didn't like that. Smile Well, it might be fun to play with these and see if I can learn anything about them.
02-22-2021, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021 09:20 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
(02-22-2021 03:12 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Function names are easy to get from CAT 2. Hit CATALOG 2, press R/S immediately to stop on the first entry, then press ENTER to get the detailed listing with function names. You can also SST to the module name of interest before pressing ENTER.

On the off chance that you have an 82143A printer, you can switch it to TRACE mode beforehand to print the listings.

The CAT 2 entry can be cross-referenced here.
http://www.hp-collection.org/41database.html

EDIT: They're likely surveying modules.
02-22-2021, 09:56 PM
(02-22-2021 09:15 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  The CAT 2 entry can be cross-referenced here.
http://www.hp-collection.org/41database.html

That and a number of other lists are the ones I was referring to when I said I'd checked every list of ROMs I could find. Surveying application seems likely.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)