KhiCAS on TI-Nspire CX CAS. When on Hp-prime?
03-03-2021, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2021 10:16 PM by compsystems.)
KhiCAS on TI-Nspire CX CAS. When on Hp-prime?
KhiCAS TI-Nspire CX: integrated Math-Science app 2021.
https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=259464

[Image: 9lp3TuLt.png]

hiCAS is a more complete version than the CAS (xCAS) of the hp-prime.
some hacker who can port it?.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2021, 05:44 PM
RE: KhiCAS on TI-Nspire CX CAS. When on Hp-prime?
It's already on the Prime - at least, I think that khiCAS is a port of XCas to a number of calculators. Am I missing something here?

Nigel (UK)
03-03-2021, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 05:50 PM by Solver.)
It is my understanding that the HP Prime has no need for this as XCas is already 95% integrated into it. In fact, it could be that the TI is just now getting what the Prime has had for a bit less than a decade now.

The Prime probably handles everything more smoothly and conveniently too since it was built from the ground up to utilize XCas along with best-in-class hardware and an intelligently designed touchscreen implementation, whereas KhiCAS had to be sorta hacked into the Nspire.

With all that said though, I don't want to discount the amazing work that went into getting KhiCAS onto the Nspire. If I'm dissing anyone, it's TI themselves.
03-03-2021, 07:27 PM
Giac/Xcas (aka KhiCAS) is the native CAS engine of the HP Prime calculators, and also of the Android, iOS and Windows/Mac applications emulating the HP Prime. Press the CAS key and enter the same commands as in Xcas, except for a few ones.

Also don't forget to mention all of the other platforms Xcas/KhiCAS is available for.
https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/install_en

Bernard (and others) have been busySmile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Now (since September 2020) that the Ndless team have managed to get it working on the latest TI Nspire CX II, it is now possible to install KhiCAS on that model, which is nice. Or with the CX II CAS model, it is now possible to use two CAS engines on it, which is also nice.

— Ian Abbott
03-07-2021, 04:44 PM
(03-07-2021 03:24 PM)compsystems Wrote:  khiCAS is a more complete version than the CAS (xCAS) of the hp-prime.
some hacker who can port it?.

Perhaps you are not aware that the creator of XCas/Giac is also a developer of the HP Prime. I'm fairly certain you won't find a more capable hacker.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)