DM41 CORRUPTED BY MY BYTE GRABBER
04-24-2021, 12:53 AM
DM41 CORRUPTED BY MY BYTE GRABBER
I've really enjoyed trying out synthetic programming on my DM41. The reset button is so much more convenient than taking out the batteries of my old 41CX. Anyway I loaded the Advantage Pack and was using the Matrix functions - but forgot to disable the LN key to BYTE grab. The result is that pressing that key seems to have corrupted the MATRX application.. I first tried the reset button. I tried unplugging the module and deleting from flash. Bringing the application back still shows corrupted. I assumed the application pack was copied not moved. I'm sure its a straight forward fix, could someone enlighten me?

Jim D
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2021, 01:28 AM
RE: DM41 CORRUPTED BY MY BYTE GRABBER
(04-24-2021 12:53 AM)Condo Wrote:  The reset button is so much more convenient than taking out the batteries of my old 41CX.

Out of curiosity, what made you have to take the batteries out of the 41cx? I never tried MCode, but I got the dreaded "MEMORY LOST" message a few times when I was new to synthetic programming, but then it was like starting fresh for the very first time with nothing in its memory. Everything worked perfectly. That was over 30 years ago. In 35 years, I have never had to remove batteries except to change them, and some of my most-used programs have been in its memory for three decades, never needing re-loading. So what gives?

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2021, 01:45 AM
RE: DM41 CORRUPTED BY MY BYTE GRABBER
I don't recall the specific behavior at the time, it was in the mid 80's when I was playing around with synthetics. When I lost memory several times I became discouraged at the practice and didn't pick it back up. I'm sure there was a hangup but as I look back, it could have been my impatience for any result.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)