HP Prime G2 Beta Problem Updating Handheld
04-29-2021, 07:30 PM
HP Prime G2 Beta Problem Updating Handheld
Hey guys, I'm a new user of the HP Prime and I wanted to use the beta version of the calculator. I've downloaded the beta from this website: https://www.hpcalc.org/prime/beta/

In the connectivity kit, I'm having trouble figuring out how to install the beta firmware onto the calculator. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2021, 08:46 PM
RE: HP Prime G2 Beta Problem Updating Handheld
Post #4 by StephanP in https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-16647.html

- Open the Connectivity Kit's working folder, which on Windows would be C:/Users/username/Documents/HP Connectivity Kit
- Navigate down to ./Firmware/PrimeG2/
- Remove the files present and replace these with HPPrime_OS.img and the version file from the zip. (The other files in the zip are not up to date and add to confusion)
- Restart the Connectivity Kit and connect your Prime
- The upgrade will be offered promptly
04-29-2021, 11:22 PM
Thanks for replying. I attempted to do what you said but the ConKit does not prompt any update on startup. I replaced the Image file and the version file but nothing happened. I've attached a picture of what is in the firmware folder. Please let me know if I am doing something incorrectly. Thanks.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-30-2021, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2021 01:44 AM by calc_freak.)
You need to unzip all the files from the download and put them into that folder. Plug in the G2, start the conn kit, voila. You may just need the language file, but putting all the files in there won't hurt.

Also, make sure you don't actually use a different folder for your Prime software. In case you do, drill down and place the unzipped files in that G2 firmware folder.
04-30-2021, 04:58 PM
Thank you, I figured it out. I had to move the OS file into HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware/Prime G2 to get it to work. Apparently, when you click "Update Calculator", it focuses on that particular location instead of just HP Connectivity Kit/. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Also, did the "BETA" label on the top left of the calculator disappear? I remember it being there on the beta emulator.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)