I can't install library on Emu48 Android
05-17-2021, 02:54 AM
I can't install library on Emu48 Android
I've used Emu48 Android well, but I have serious problem. We can transfer objects into Emu48 using 'Load Object' button in sidebar. I've tried load library files with this button. This works well.
But If I turn off Emu48 and restart app, It gets darkest contrast and calculator reboots. Libray is lost.

Can you install librarys on Emu48 Android? If you can install library, tell me how to.

S.Korean / HP-50G | fx-570EX | fx-570CW | HP-200LX
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2021, 04:30 PM
RE: I can't install library on Emu48 Android
Load object, store into a port, reboot.

If it does not work, tell us more about your setup (which ROM, which library, have you tried with a clean state).
05-18-2021, 12:41 AM
(05-17-2021 04:30 PM)SammysHP Wrote:  Load object, store into a port, reboot.

If it does not work, tell us more about your setup (which ROM, which library, have you tried with a clean state).
I do know how to load library. But that method doesn't work for me. At first It seems to install correctly, but if I close emulator and restart emulator all installed librarys are lost.
For more informations.

- I use Emu48 latest version 2.2.
- KML script is Eric's Real 50g (Large Cropped).
- Rom Version is 2.10
- I've tried with these librarys.
Keyman, extable, Find49

05-18-2021, 12:52 AM
BINUBALL Wrote:I do know how to load library. But that method doesn't work for me. At first It seems to install correctly, but if I close emulator and restart emulator all installed librarys are lost.

When you close the app or switch to another app, do you see a little notification at the bottom of your screen? (It's a rounded text box at the bottom of the screen, known as a "toast", for some reason.) I see one that says "State saved in ...", and that's Emu48 saying that it saved the calculator's state.

It's also possible you haven't set up a save file for your emulated calculator. On my device, once I make a new calc, with the "New..." option in the menu, I get a dialog that gives me the option to save a new state file. If you don't save, any changes you make will probably be lost next time you open the app.
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2021, 07:42 AM
(05-18-2021 12:41 AM)BINUBALL Wrote:  […]
- Rom Version is 2.10
[…]

That is a very important information as the 50g implementation behaves much differently than the 48 one. It is explained in the readme:

Quote:By default when you create a new HP49/50 with the embedded readonly file "rom.49g", everything that you store in port 2 is lost just because the file "rom.49g" is READONLY. Since version 2.0, it is now possible from the menu to manage the Flash ROM file (it will fully replaces the ROM).

Previously you had to copy the ROM manually and select the directory in the file chooser. Now you have to save it via the menu.
05-18-2021, 11:03 AM
(05-18-2021 07:42 AM)SammysHP Wrote:  
(05-18-2021 12:41 AM)BINUBALL Wrote:  […]
- Rom Version is 2.10
[…]

That is a very important information as the 50g implementation behaves much differently than the 48 one. It is explained in the readme:

Quote:By default when you create a new HP49/50 with the embedded readonly file "rom.49g", everything that you store in port 2 is lost just because the file "rom.49g" is READONLY. Since version 2.0, it is now possible from the menu to manage the Flash ROM file (it will fully replaces the ROM).

Previously you had to copy the ROM manually and select the directory in the file chooser. Now you have to save it via the menu.
Yay that's it. I made ROM file and it works correctly that I wanted.
For any people interested :
1. On the side menu. Select Manage Flash ROM
2. Press CREATE FLASH ROM FILE FROM CURRENT KML
3. Name Rom file and save it on your phone
4. Go back and Select Manage Flash ROM again
5. Press LOAD FLASH ROM FILE
6. Select rom you just made

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)