Classic series calculator display look
05-12-2021, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2021 11:08 PM by aurelio.)
Classic series calculator display look
The display in the Classic series calculator is made by 15 digits where the first digit is for the minus sign, 11 digits used to display the mantissa and the decimal separator, the last two digits the exponent, and and the 13th digit displays its sign, but the look is not the same for every calculators, infact in the HP55 (like in the HP35) is not displayed the zero before the comma, what is the feature on which depends this difference?
Pretty sure that it was already explained somewhere , but I've not been able to find it, ready to be ashamed one more time Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2021, 11:18 PM
RE: Classic series calculator display look
Comma or decimal point? I didn’t think commas existed until spice series.
05-12-2021, 11:30 PM
(05-12-2021 09:53 PM)aurelio Wrote:  The display in the Classic series calculator is made by 15 digits where the first digit is for the minus sign, 11 digits used to display the mantissa and the decimal separator, the last two digits the exponent, and and the 13th digit displays its sign, but the look is not the same for every calculators, infact in the HP55 (like in the HP35) is not displayed the zero before the comma, what is the feature on which depends this difference?
Pretty sure that it was already explained somewhere , but I've not been able to find it, ready to be ashamed one more time Smile

Only the changes in the code running from the ROMs.

cheers

Tony
05-13-2021, 05:54 AM
(05-12-2021 11:18 PM)[kby] Wrote:  Comma or decimal point? I didn’t think commas existed until spice series.
Yes, I called it first "decimal separator", then "comma", you are right: when I met the first HP calculator they becamefor me the same thing Smile
05-13-2021, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2021 05:53 PM by Dreato.)
Take it from Teenix. I think he's memorized the ROM codes of all the HP calcs Wink !
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2021, 10:43 PM
The 67 has only the 'g' segments wired into the circuit for the sign digits, the others can't be used.

The 97 only has the 'g' segments in the display for these digits, the rest are not physically there.

Normally these digits only display '-' signs so no need for the other segments.

cheers

Tony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)