Cannot access Prime after update to latest FW
05-15-2021, 03:24 PM
Cannot access Prime after update to latest FW
All,

the subject says it all: After an update to the 20210505 FW update I cannot access the calculator from the connectivity kit.

The connection is established, the calculator is shown but as soon as I try to expand the node the calculator starts over again. Can be repeated 'ad infinitum'.

I've tried both HP Connectivity Kit 2.1.14425 and the most recent beta (2.1.14575?). Tested both USB 3 and USB 2 ports

Any ideas on this?

Many thanks
Dirk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Cannot access Prime after update to latest FW
The only thing I can think of is a complete uninstall and reinstall, possibly try a different cord? Sorry.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2021, 04:09 PM
in the verion g1 I had that problem I think. when I would expand the tree it would load until it got to applications and then the calc would reboot. I reset the Advance draphics, FUntion and 3d graphic apps and it synced up ok. A starnge issue
05-15-2021, 04:31 PM
(05-15-2021 04:09 PM)Dougggg Wrote:  in the verion g1 I had that problem I think. when I would expand the tree it would load until it got to applications and then the calc would reboot. I reset the Advance draphics, FUntion and 3d graphic apps and it synced up ok. A starnge issue

Many thanks Dougggg. The issue is resolved.

I've reset all apps manually and deleted all copies. After this I could sync. I agree it's very strange.

There's a good reason why HP suggest a full backup before updating the device ...
05-16-2021, 11:51 PM
I'm getting this behaviour again too - G1 Prime rebooting if I try to access it via the connectivity kit. I first got this behaviour after restoring from a pre beta prime backup and ended up reformatting and rebuilding my prime - which seemed to initially fix the issue.

Today, I plugged in the prime and the reboot behaviour is back. Everything was 2021-4-28 so I updated the prime to version_20210505 via the connectivity kit, but alas, this doesn't help. I tried resetting the function, advanced graphing and graph3d apps but this doesn't help. I do have a copy of the function app and the python app - perhaps I should delete these too as suggested?

Perhaps I need to download the latest connectivity kit and virtual prime? Where are these located these days? - the beta page doesn't have these anymore...
05-17-2021, 03:28 AM
my experience is that python apps and spreedsheet apps did not cause a problem

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)