Woodstock 3D printed battery holder
05-28-2021, 02:42 AM
Woodstock 3D printed battery holder
(whine)
I've ordered from Shapeways a 3D printed battery holder for my Woodstock that is missing one.
I just wish they had made _some_ sort of effort to make it's color close to the original Woodstock tan.
I ordered the white plastic, maybe I can come close to a non-blatant attack on my eyes if use a variety of Sharpies to color it.

(/whine)

On the other hand, do any of you who restore these calcs have a particular paint you use for touch ups?

10B, 10BII, 12C, 14B, 15C, 16C, 17B, 18C, 19BII, 20b, 22, 29C, 35, 38G, 39G, 41CV, 48G, 97
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: Woodstock 3D printed battery holder
(05-28-2021 02:42 AM)Ren Wrote:  On the other hand, do any of you who restore these calcs have a particular paint you use for touch ups?

Shapeways only has a limited range of colors, none of which come close to matching the Woodstock tan. I've read reports in the forum that the white plastic can be colored with a fabric dye. Maybe someone can suggest a brand & color name.

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
05-28-2021, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2021 03:46 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
RE: Woodstock 3D printed battery holder
(05-28-2021 03:08 PM)mfleming Wrote:  
(05-28-2021 02:42 AM)Ren Wrote:  On the other hand, do any of you who restore these calcs have a particular paint you use for touch ups?

Shapeways only has a limited range of colors, none of which come close to matching the Woodstock tan. I've read reports in the forum that the white plastic can be colored with a fabric dye. Maybe someone can suggest a brand & color name.

True. Shapeways prints all their "versatile plastic" in white and then dye it the desired color.

There are lots of videos on YT on how to do this, but getting the color to match is a bit tricky.

However, with Shapeways' full-color printing capabilities you could get a battery holder in "Rasta" or "Pride". Smile
https://mailchi.mp/e3be5b13ca6e/mimaki-p...1a511ce08f

Dave

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)