Fill a polar plot?
06-17-2021, 08:33 PM
Fill a polar plot?
Is there a way to fill a polar plot, defined in the Symb part, and plotted in the Plot part of the Polar app?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2021, 06:41 AM
RE: Fill a polar plot?
(06-17-2021 08:33 PM)matalog Wrote:  Is there a way to fill a polar plot, defined in the Symb part, and plotted in the Plot part of the Polar app?

If by "fill" you mean "fill the screen", yes, but how depends on the type of polar graph. If the graph is a spiral (simplest example: R=Theta), then press Shift Plot to go into Plot Setup, and raise the Maximum Range of Theta to force the spiral to be drawn over a greater angle range. If the graph is something that doesn't spiral outwards (simple example: R=SIN(Theta)), then use finger gestures or the + key to zoom in, or use Plot Setup to adjust the window size (X range and Y range).

If I totally misunderstood your question, please rephrase and try again. Smile

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2021, 11:30 AM
RE: Fill a polar plot?
If I was to ask you how to fill a circle, would you also give me some examples of how to get a circle to fill a screen?

I mean, is there a way to fill the inside of a closed polar plot, with colour, or shading? If it was a circle that was drawn, then the circle would be filled with blue, for example, and the background of the graph, would be white.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)