HP50G - PC data exchanges
06-21-2021, 02:37 PM
HP50G - PC data exchanges
Using an SD card I can save number spaced data from a PC to the SD card with a plain text editor (Notepad). When the card is inserted into the 50G, and the file is recalled, the number spaced data will load as a string on level 1 of the stack. If i then STO that string into a file on the SD card and insert the card into the PC, the PC file looks like this:

HPHP49-X,* 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If I STO a vector, [ 1 2 3 ... 7], on the SD card, the PC file will look like this:

HPHP49-X†&`;'Âsâ<'Úsb>'òsâ?'+10

Is there a way to send number spaced data from a 50G to a PC via the SD card exchange?

Also, is there any info on using USB-USB/Port-C cable connection for data transfer?

I would like to be able to exchange large vectors (several hundred numbers) between the two for spectral analysis and digital filtering: FFT, etc.

rcthacker
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2021, 08:03 PM
RE: HP50G - PC data exchanges
(06-21-2021 02:37 PM)rcthacker Wrote:  Also, is there any info on using USB-USB/Port-C cable connection for data transfer?
rcthacker

I presume you read the manual and are asking where to find the Connectivity Kit? If so, the latest can be found here:

https://www.hpcalc.org/details/5890

On Win10, you will also have to install the drivers first, found here:

https://www.hpcalc.org/details/7168

Windows 10 will require you to do this to install the (unsigned) HP drivers:

https://www.maketecheasier.com/install-u...windows10/

Finally, look here for info on ASCII Import/Export via SD Card:

https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.hp4...zxPAvZfk4J

--Bob Prosperi
06-24-2021, 02:18 PM
RE: HP50G - PC data exchanges
(06-21-2021 02:37 PM)rcthacker Wrote:  Using an SD card I can save number spaced data from a PC to the SD card with a plain text editor (Notepad). When the card is inserted into the 50G, and the file is recalled, the number spaced data will load as a string on level 1 of the stack. If i then STO that string into a file on the SD card and insert the card into the PC, the PC file looks like this:

HPHP49-X,* 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If I STO a vector, [ 1 2 3 ... 7], on the SD card, the PC file will look like this:

HPHP49-X†&`;'Âsâ<'Úsb>'òsâ?'+10

Is there a way to send number spaced data from a 50G to a PC via the SD card exchange?

Also, is there any info on using USB-USB/Port-C cable connection for data transfer?

I would like to be able to exchange large vectors (several hundred numbers) between the two for spectral analysis and digital filtering: FFT, etc.

rcthacker

I have 2 suggestions that might be useful to you:

a) Use SDLIB, a library that comes included in SDFILER. It has commands to read/write text from individual files on the SD card, so you don´t need to rely on STO and you can write plain text, losing that HPHP49 header.

b) Use newRPL instead. The commands to save text on a file on the SD card come included, you would do SDOPENAPP to open a file for append, put whatever you want on the stack, ->STR and SDWRITELINE to write plain text (actually, fully compliant UTF8 text, so any modern editor will open it and show ALL symbols correctly) and SDCLOSE to close the file. And since you mentioned USB: newRPL can send data of any size to newRPL Desktop simply using the command USBSEND, and from there you can copy it to the clipboard and paste into your text editor, very quick and easy. Just connect the calculator with newRPL to the PC using a USB cable and run newRPL Desktop, establish a connection and you are good to go. Finally, there's also a third way to do it: if you don´t want to go through the trouble of writing the text file yourself, and you don't like USB cables, you can use SDSTO to store a vector to the SD card in binary form. From the PC, put the SD card and run newRPL Desktop. You can open the file to leave the object on the stack. Then simply copy/paste to your favorite text editor.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)