HP Prime virtual calculator not regonized by HP connectivity Kit
06-29-2021, 07:35 PM
HP Prime virtual calculator not regonized by HP connectivity Kit
Hello Everyone,
?
HP Prime virtual calculator not recognized by HP connectivity Kit. However, HP Prime hand held calculator is recognised by HP connectivity Kit.
OS Big Sur 11.4 on Mac mini M1.(Mac has never been able to see it)
HP Prime lates up date 2021.

Anyone else have these problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2021, 08:39 PM
RE: HP Prime virtual calculator not regonized by HP connectivity Kit
(06-29-2021 07:35 PM)tom234 Wrote:  Hello Everyone,
?
HP Prime virtual calculator not recognized by HP connectivity Kit. However, HP Prime hand held calculator is recognised by HP connectivity Kit.

Precisely which versions are you running? Version 14592 (2021 6 9) of both (Connectivity Kit & Virtual Calculator) talk to each other just fine, on 64-bit Windows 10 (Version 20H2, Build 19042.1052).

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2021, 10:25 PM
(06-29-2021 08:39 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
?

Precisely which versions are you running? Version 14592 (2021 6 9) of both (Connectivity Kit & Virtual Calculator) talk to each other just fine, on 64-bit Windows 10 (Version 20H2, Build 19042.1052).
06-29-2021, 10:30 PM
(06-29-2021 08:39 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
?

06-29-2021, 11:09 PM
Tom,

That version works fine for me on an M1 Macbook Air.

When you first run the apps they will ask permission to receive incoming network connections. Did you allow this? (Note this is not the same as ticking the "Allow networking?" box in the emulator's preferences.)

In the Connectivity Kit preferences, Enable Network, mDNS and MultiBroadcast are all ticked. Other than that there's not much to configure.

Regards,
06-29-2021, 11:45 PM
(06-29-2021 11:09 PM)BruceH Wrote:  Tom,

That version works fine for me on an M1 Macbook Air.

When you first run the apps they will ask permission to receive incoming network connections. Did you allow this? (Note this is not the same as ticking the "Allow networking?" box in the emulator's preferences.)

In the Connectivity Kit preferences, Enable Network, mDNS and MultiBroadcast are all ticked. Other than that there's not much to configure.

Regards,

yes all was allowed including terminal.
06-30-2021, 06:28 PM
I have a peer blocking program on win 8.1 which I have to disable
in order to have the CK recognize the virtual calculator.

Does your mac have something similar?
07-01-2021, 10:15 PM
(06-30-2021 06:28 PM)Liamtoh Resu Wrote:  I have a peer blocking program on win 8.1 which I have to disable

no nothing like that.
It seems to be wankee some time now it works sometimes it doesn't. On the Apple Serria with intel it works fine. Just with the M1 never worked.
Just letting you know how come Ti stuff works and HP stuff doesn't?(computer on computer software)
07-02-2021, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2021 12:40 AM by BruceH.)
(07-01-2021 10:15 PM)tom234 Wrote:  and HP stuff doesn't?

But it does work. I told you it works just fine on my M1 Macbook Air: I can run the Prime emulator, run the connectivity kit and see the emulated Prime in the connectivity kit. If I change the value of variables on the emulated Prime and refresh the view in the Connectivity Kit then I can see the changed values. It works.
07-02-2021, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2021 04:32 PM by tom234.)
(07-02-2021 12:40 AM)BruceH Wrote:  

But it does work. I told you it works just fine on my M1 Macbook Air: I can run the Prime emulator, run the connectivity kit and see the emulated Prime in the connectivity kit. If I change the value of variables on the emulated Prime and refresh the view in the Connectivity Kit then I can see the changed values. It works.

Yes is does work...I have it on 3 platforms of Apple 0/S...its just that it gets finicky for me. If I have problems someone else does too. HP Connectivity Kit on a my Mini with intel processors works greats no problems Have to Keep the HP Prime in the right OS as the older Mac's are several OS's earlier. However, M1 has been finicky I thought I would wait for 3 months or so for things to clear up. Hope that you gave makes it plausible that my M1 situation will work eventually. In the time it took to do this post I have had some intermittent success but after downloading Kit and Prime computer Prime and new OS for Prime Physical Calculator. So there is hope.
07-10-2021, 04:09 AM
(06-30-2021 06:28 PM)Liamtoh Resu Wrote:  I have a peer blocking program on win 8.1 which I have to disable

No peer blocking, still could not get HP virtual calculator to actually keep from showing HP log and reset every time its opened.
I waited for Apple to catch up or a new upgrade to HP virtual calculator and connectivity kit.
07-20-2021, 04:16 PM

(07-02-2021 12:40 AM)BruceH Wrote:  [quote='tom234' pid='149811' dateline='1625177740']
and HP stuff doesn't?

[/quoteIt now works with these setting only after it was of for several minutes it like spooky action from afar:
The following are the setting on a Mac mini M1 chip.
Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator HP Prime and real HP Prime all work well with the Intel based IOS's.

The Following Screen Shot of set up are the only setting that work on M1 Mac...
For your further knowledge base.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-20-2021, 04:17 PM
(07-02-2021 12:40 AM)BruceH Wrote:  

Please see post below:
07-20-2021, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2021 06:54 PM by tom234.)
(07-20-2021 04:16 PM)tom234 Wrote:  
(07-02-2021 12:40 AM)BruceH Wrote:  [quote='tom234' pid='149811' dateline='1625177740']
and HP stuff doesn't?

[/quoteIt now works with these setting only after it was of for several minutes it like spooky action from afar:
The following are the setting on a Mac mini M1 chip.
Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator HP Prime and real HP Prime all work well with the Intel based IOS's.

The Following Screen Shot of set up are the only setting that work on M1 Mac...

After this posting I left the M1 HP kit and virtual calculator on and the Kit quit...after restarting both several times they stopped communicating. Kit does not see the Virtual Calculator another Spooky Action!
07-21-2021, 09:05 PM
(07-20-2021 04:16 PM)tom234 Wrote:  The Following Screen Shot of set up are the only setting that work on M1 Mac...

The Prime App and Connectivity Kit are only listed under "Input Monitoring" for me. I suspect that some sort of file access will be required though - it's just that I've not yet needed to load or save a file. :-)

Please also check the Firewall tab. If you have the firewall enabled then you need to go into "Firewall options", untick the "Block all incoming connections" then add two rows to the allow list: "com.yourcompany.HP-Connectivity-Kit" and "com.yourcompany.HP-Prime" both set to "allow incoming connections".

In the Connectivity Kit app preferences, under "IP Networking" I have "Enable network", "mDNS" and "MultiBroadcast" ticked.

Ironically, in the HP Prime app preferences, under "IP Networking" the "Enable network" is unticked. (I think the Connectivity App gets a bit upset if it can't access the network even though it doesn't need to.)

All of the above were done for me by the installer, iirc.
07-23-2021, 11:44 PM
(07-21-2021 09:05 PM)BruceH Wrote:  
(07-20-2021 04:16 PM)tom234 Wrote:  The Following Screen Shot of set up are the only setting that work on M1 Mac...

The Prime App and Connectivity Kit are only listed under "Input Monitoring" for me. I suspect that some sort of file access will be required though - it's just that I've not yet needed to load or save a file. :-)

Please also check the Firewall tab. If you have the firewall enabled then you need to go into "Firewall options", untick the "Block all incoming connections" then add two rows to the allow list: "com.yourcompany.HP-Connectivity-Kit" and "com.yourcompany.HP-Prime" both set to "allow incoming connections".

In the Connectivity Kit app preferences, under "IP Networking" I have "Enable network", "mDNS" and "MultiBroadcast" ticked.

Ironically, in the HP Prime app preferences, under "IP Networking" the "Enable network" is unticked. (I think the Connectivity App gets a bit upset if it can't access the network even though it doesn't need to.)

All of the above were done for me by the installer, iirc.

Thank You for your help to seems to be working now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)