Xcas connection to the hp-prime
07-16-2021, 04:26 PM
Xcas connection to the hp-prime
Hello, the latest version of Xcas has connection to NUMWORKS.
https://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~par...ll_en#wcas

[Image: xcas_numworks.png]

Will we ever be able to see a connection to the hp-prime?

The first step is to incorporate as many commands as possible into the hp-prime as with_sqrt() autosimplify().

I show the importance of these commands in various threads, but the developers ignore them. What is the reason?

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-16...light=xcas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: Xcas connection to the hp-prime
A word about the Numworks submenu inside Xcas: it was added in response to the last move of Numworks : they will lock their calculator fimrware in the next upgrade and once upgraded, you won't have access to the Numworks Xcas port anymore and you won't be able to downgrade.
Since Numworks users do not have a local connectivity kit, if they want to exchange data, they go to the Numworks workshop site, and there is a risk that they will upgrade without knowing the consequences (maybe they will be forced to upgrade to continue to use the workshop). Therefore, I had to provide a convenient alternative to exchange scripts and sessions.

The HP Prime situation is completly different. There is a local connectivity kit and there is currently for licensing and open-ness reasons no support for Xcas sessions. Therefore there is no HP Prime submenu inside Xcas and this will not change unless HP make a move in the reverse direction of Numworks.
07-22-2021, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the heads up about the numworks. The lack of a local connectivity
kit is definitely a show stopper for me.

I got the adk and connection software for the grandfather of the prime, HP 38g, working on an offline vista business edition machine. I am hoping to get them working on
a virtual machine.

Thanks.
07-22-2021, 01:15 PM
(07-21-2021 04:15 PM)parisse Wrote:  A word about the Numworks submenu inside Xcas: it was added in response to the last move of Numworks : they will lock their calculator fimrware in the next upgrade and once upgraded, you won't have access to the Numworks Xcas port anymore and you won't be able to downgrade.
Since Numworks users do not have a local connectivity kit, if they want to exchange data, they go to the Numworks workshop site, and there is a risk that they will upgrade without knowing the consequences (maybe they will be forced to upgrade to continue to use the workshop). Therefore, I had to provide a convenient alternative to exchange scripts and sessions.

I was thinking of buying a Numworks calculator, but you've changed my mind!

— Ian Abbott
07-22-2021, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 06:42 PM by parisse.)
If you want to buy a Numworks, do it right now. The new locking firmware is still in beta stage, therefore you are certain to buy an unlocked Numworks today. Then take care to never upgrade on Numworks site.
07-23-2021, 03:37 PM
In the latest firmware in the HOME mode view, there are two actions. [SAVE] and [LOAD], something similar can be included in CAS mode [SAVE (export session text format] and [LOAD] the history of input expressions, in this way you could work in Xcas and then execute the expressions in the hp-prime.

[Image: xcas_export.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)