Can't save PM drafts
10-04-2021, 12:51 PM
Can't save PM drafts
Hi,

Today I've tried to compose a PM and then use the Save as Draft option but it does not seem to work: a message appears telling that the draft is saved, but it actually doesn't appear in the Drafts folder, even if I refresh the page or exit the MoHPC and reenter.

There's now one Draft saved many weeks ago but the 2nd Draft never appears listed, so I assume it wasn't actually saved after all. As a proof of concept, I've attempted to save a draft of this post and it works, the draft is actually saved. But if instead of a draft of a post I try to save a draft of a PM, it doesn't seem to work.

My browser is a recent version of Chrome and until now I've never had any problems saving Drafts of PMs.

Thanks in advance for your help.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2021, 03:13 PM
RE: Can't save PM drafts
I was hoping someone else would come along and say: this never worked, or it works for me, or it just stopped working... because I honestly don't know if I've ever saved a draft of a PM.

But I just did, now, on Firefox and it worked. Maybe someone else will try with Chrome?
10-07-2021, 03:46 PM
(10-07-2021 03:13 PM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  I was hoping someone else would come along and say: this never worked, or it works for me, or it just stopped working... because I honestly don't know if I've ever saved a draft of a PM.

But I just did, now, on Firefox and it worked. Maybe someone else will try with Chrome?

Thanks for trying, David, I've just tried again myself right now and discovered, to my embarrasment, that it was a silly misunderstanding on my part, the saving mechanism works alright.

Sorry for the confusion, you can delete the whole thread now.

Regards.
V.

10-08-2021, 02:55 AM
I wonder if you did what I have occasionally done in my email client: save a draft without a title. So it's saved but it's kind of stealthy since the title is blank.
10-09-2021, 06:11 PM
(10-08-2021 02:55 AM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  I wonder if you did what I have occasionally done in my email client: save a draft without a title. So it's saved but it's kind of stealthy since the title is blank.

No, it's sillier than that: I looked for the saved draft in "Miscellaneous" > Saved Drafts", which pertains to drafts of posts, instead of in "Messenger > Drafts", which is the one that pertains to drafts of PMs. There I found all my attempts perfectly saved.

Thanks, sorry for the bother, have a nice weekend and best regards.
V.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)