Book on scientific and engineering applications of 17BII
11-08-2021, 12:59 AM
Book on scientific and engineering applications of 17BII
Recently I saw a mentioning of a non-HP book on using the solver capability of HP17BII for scientific and engineering applications, and made a mental note to check it out once I have received my HPmuseum USB and very affordable HP 17BII.
Now I have both but couldn't find a trace of such a book.
Anyone knows what I am talking about?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2021, 02:53 AM
RE: Book on scientific and engineering applications of 17BII
(11-08-2021 12:59 AM)butforwales Wrote:  Recently I saw a mentioning of a non-HP book on using the solver capability of HP17BII for scientific and engineering applications, and made a mental note to check it out once I have received my HPmuseum USB and very affordable HP 17BII.
Now I have both but couldn't find a trace of such a book.
Anyone knows what I am talking about?

I'm not certain, but most likely, the book is "HP-27S/19B Technical Applications" which is indeed on the MoHPC USB drive. Btw, this is an HP "Step-by-Step" book and not from a 3rd-party, so this may not be what you are looking for. In any case, this book will help with what you are looking for.

The Pioneer Solver in the 17BII is the same as that found in the 27S and 19B/19BII, though the math functions that are built-in vary from model to model, so this book does apply, even though it does not say 17BII (or 17B) in the title.

It's the only published source from HP that describes the L() and G() (Let() and Get() respectively) functions in the solver which underlie much of what is in the book.

--Bob Prosperi
11-08-2021, 03:02 AM
RE: Book on scientific and engineering applications of 17BII
Bob,
That's it, that is the book I had in mind. I forgot it didn't say 17B.
Thanks!

Jay Peng

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)