HP Prime Wall Charger
11-09-2021, 09:32 AM
HP Prime Wall Charger
Hello Forum,

I've misplaced my Prime's wall charger. Does anyone know if it can be purchased seperately? Do you know the HP part number?

Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2021, 01:32 PM
RE: HP Prime Wall Charger
(11-09-2021 09:32 AM)tjg79 Wrote:  Hello Forum,

I've misplaced my Prime's wall charger. Does anyone know if it can be purchased seperately? Do you know the HP part number?

Regards

I've found that most USB adapters will work fine.

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-09-2021, 01:36 PM
(11-09-2021 09:32 AM)tjg79 Wrote:  Hello Forum,

Regards

Any USB power adapter will do, there's nothing unique about the Prime unit, in fact for much of the world, HP does not even include one in the package, because they are so common. However, even as general advice, don't use a cheap one with any device of value.

I've not tried, but I suspect HP does not make this available separately, and if they did, it would likely be much more expensive than other sources. Ironically, HP probably does sell many USB power adapters for the many devices they support, and they likely would work fine, but they would have no idea what a "Prime Power Adapter" is.

--Bob Prosperi
11-09-2021, 05:31 PM
FWIW, I've been using whatever USB power adapter I have handy to charge my Prime and have not had any problems.
11-10-2021, 09:56 AM
There is no HP SKU for this wall charger indeed, but most standard USB chargers will do. Prime can also be charged on your PC or laptop, I've found that a USB 3.0 port works best. Hope this helps!

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
11-12-2021, 04:52 PM
DVE Switching Adapter
The adapter that came with my US-market Prime is labeled as a DVE Model DSA-5CAA-05 050100.

Because the wall plug portion is removable, it could be equipped for different countries and it shows that it accepts inputs from 100-240V 50/60 Hz. 0.2A.

Inside where the power input slides into place, it says:
Patent NO.
M370868

I hope that's some help.

Alan
11-16-2021, 12:19 PM
....as the Qi Wireless Charging Standard becomes more and more popular, I will try one of those inexpensive Qi receivers with micro USB connector.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/324312158017?has...SwEIJamScX
11-18-2021, 12:02 PM
....proof of concept...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)