Problems in translation
11-16-2021, 08:59 AM
Problems in translation
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem on the forum pages. I often use the google translator to translate forum pages as I am not native English, this happens especially if I am tired and the thread is long.
For some time, however, the google translator is no longer able to translate pages, and this only happens with this forum. This happens with various browsers, Firefox, Vivaldi, Chrome, Edge ... The procedure is simple, I copy the link in the google translate box and it returns a link that sends to the translated page, but this link presents the page in English. Is there any setting that prevents this?
Thanks in advance.

Hardware: Hp48S - Hp50g (5x black + 1 blue) - HP39gII - Hp27s - Casio fx-CG50
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2021, 09:33 AM
RE: Problems in translation
I don't have an answer, but a possible workaround is to use the "View a printable version" link at the bottom of the page - that seems to translate successfully.
11-17-2021, 11:09 AM
Thanks for trying, unfortunately the resulting page is:
[Image: Screenshot-2021-11-17-at-12-04-52-Google-Translate.png]

11-17-2021, 11:32 AM
(11-17-2021 11:09 AM)franz.b Wrote:  Thanks for trying, unfortunately the resulting page is:
[Image: Screenshot-2021-11-17-at-12-04-52-Google-Translate.png]

Strange, it works for me.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-17-2021, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2021 03:21 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
Hello!

(11-17-2021 11:32 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  it works for me.

Not here. Maybe it is region/IP address dependent? When I try to translate the website I get this message from Google:

"Wir gewähren keinen Zugriff auf Website-Übersetzer von Google Übersetzer mehr. Diese Änderung wirkt sich nicht auf eine bereits bestehende Nutzung von Website-Übersetzer aus.
Nutzer, die Webseiten übersetzen möchten, sollten Browser verwenden, die Übersetzungen nativ unterstützen."

(The last sentence clearly means that you are supposed to use Google Chrome if you want your websites translated...)

Regards
Max
11-17-2021, 06:33 PM
(11-17-2021 03:21 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Hello!

(11-17-2021 11:32 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  it works for me.

Not here. Maybe it is region/IP address dependent? When I try to translate the website I get this message from Google:

"Wir gewähren keinen Zugriff auf Website-Übersetzer von Google Übersetzer mehr. Diese Änderung wirkt sich nicht auf eine bereits bestehende Nutzung von Website-Übersetzer aus.
Nutzer, die Webseiten übersetzen möchten, sollten Browser verwenden, die Übersetzungen nativ unterstützen."

(The last sentence clearly means that you are supposed to use Google Chrome if you want your websites translated...)

Regards
Max

Just tried the link I posted in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera. All of them showed me the translated printable version.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-17-2021, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2021 12:26 PM by franz.b.)
(11-17-2021 06:33 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Just tried the link I posted in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera. All of them showed me the translated printable version.

After further tests I am convinced that a change is underway by google because the results are not constant over time.
Now Chrome and Edge always seem to work fine with their built-in translator, even without the printable mode.
Firefox and Vivaldi, with extensions, provide variable results in printable mode and never in normal mode.
This forum, however, who knows why, is one of the most difficult sites, on many other sites of different types the problem does not arise. I assume that here the translator is used a lot and google has put a stop ...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)