HP-41 in Orbit
12-12-2021, 04:02 PM
HP-41 in Orbit
We all know that HP calculators played (in our view an important) role in space exploration. Recently, I stumbled across the article "HP-41 in Orbit" by Keith Jarett. You all know this guy as the author of the books about synthetic programming.

As an HP-41 fan I could not resist to make a PDF document out of the scanned article. It appeared in the magazine Professional Computing V1N4 1984. The layout is a bit different than the original article. If you prefer to read the original one, have a look at the hpseries80 group on groups.io (needs registration).

Might be a nice Sunday evening read, enjoy!

HP-41 in Orbit by Keith Jarett
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2021, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2021 04:48 PM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: HP-41 in Orbit
Thanks for this nice version of a very interesting article !
12-14-2021, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2021 02:34 PM by Jake Schwartz.)
RE: HP-41 in Orbit
(12-12-2021 04:02 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  We all know that HP calculators played (in our view an important) role in space exploration. Recently, I stumbled across the article "HP-41 in Orbit" by Keith Jarett. You all know this guy as the author of the books about synthetic programming.

I'd like to also mention that Keith spearheaded the Synthetic Routines section for the PPC ROM, containing 67 routines and programs.

(12-12-2021 04:02 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  As an HP-41 fan I could not resist to make a PDF document out of the scanned article. It appeared in the magazine Professional Computing V1N4 1984. The layout is a bit different than the original article. If you prefer to read the original one, have a look at the hpseries80 group on groups.io (needs registration).

For what it is worth, the PPC Archive (with details here) contains V1N1 through V1N5 plus V2N1 - V2N3 and V2N5 of Professional Computing. If anyone out there happens to have access to a copy of V2N4 and would be willing to lend it for scanning (or would be willing to scan it), I would be most appreciative. Please send me a PM.
Thank you,
Jake Schwartz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)