Help with prime G2 hardware revision D
09-22-2023, 11:37 PM
Help with prime G2 hardware revision D
Hello everyone, my name is Gary.

I'm brand new here that have long been a fan of HP calculators. They are all I have used. Currently I have a business/financial calculator and an HP 35S.

Yesterday I purchased a Prime and I have a problem I can't fix.

Hardware revision D
Software version 2.1 .14730 (2023 04 13)

I used the HP connectivity software to update the firmware.

It's so different from anything else. And I'm a total novice with it.

When I do a calculation and then save the homepage (Save Stack) and then I go to Load what I've saved (Load Stack) the Prime crashes and reboots. The only message i can see is that it's had a problem. Am i doing something wrong? Is it a known bug?

Any help would be gratefully received.

By way of introduction, I am 63 and have been using HP calculators since I was in my early 20s. I've tried a few others like TI and I just don't think anything matches HP for their user interface, build, a wonderful keys. It's been sad watching HP give away this business.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2023, 12:52 PM
RE: Help with prime G2 hardware revision D
Hi Gary and welcome to the Forum!
We are within a year of each other in age and I have been using HP programmable calculators since 1977.

The following post *may* explain the behavior you are seeing when saving and loading the Stack. Particularly the quote from Dougggg:

"My experience with the load and save is if you save with settings it reboots when you reload and if you save without settings or you turn off the settings when reloading it seems to reload without restarting. maybe hp needed to restart the calc to reload the settings"

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-19604.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2023, 07:42 PM
RE: Help with prime G2 hardware revision D
Thank you for the quick response,Steve.

That fixed the problem. I havent had it long enough to know if not using/switching off settings gives quirky problems with the stack.

Thanks again, Gary
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)