Program ROLLMANY Character Question/Identification Help
07-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Program ROLLMANY Character Question/Identification Help
Hi there,

Running through the HP Manual's treatment of programming the Prime. Well, I'm doing my actual typing of the example programs into my PC, then sending everything over to the physical calculator. This way I'm able to use a full keyboard.

Well, I get the the program ROLLMANY on p.514 and there is a side sitting filled triangle. What is this? I'm trying to type it into my computer, but haven't a clue as to the actual character being used.

It appears to be a pipe of some sort - what would I use when I enter this using my keyboard on the PC? Thanks in advance.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 06:37 AM
RE: Program ROLLMANY Character Question/Identification Help
(07-04-2014 06:28 AM)jflowers Wrote:  Well, I get the the program ROLLMANY on p.514 and there is a side sitting filled triangle. What is this? I'm trying to type it into my computer, but haven't a clue as to the actual character being used.
It's the STO symbol: [Shift] [EEX]
07-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Thank you so much - that worked.

I don't suppose I could ask about what the equivalent command on the PC would be. I guess I could open the Prime within the Connectivity Kit and copy the symbol for other programs.
07-04-2014, 11:50 AM
If you are on the computer, just reverse the order and type :=

1+2 STO_ARROW B becomes B:=1+2

Else you can get the exact one with a copy/paste...

Unicode! Great for supporting lots of languages, headache for about everything else. :-)

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
07-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Thank you all for your comments.

This really helps out, and I know that I probably sound noob'ish - so it's great knowing this community is so welcoming. Can't wait to really dig into this calculator/computer and play around :-) So far, so great!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)