HP50g - PVIEW command behaves differently on different calculators
01-03-2022, 09:08 AM
HP50g - PVIEW command behaves differently on different calculators
Hi all,

Hope you have all had a wonderful start to 2022.

I have quite a few HP50g & HP49g+ calculators & during the holidays I've been tidying-up the software/programs I've developed since the advent of the HP48 series.

One strange thing I have noticed is that the instruction PVIEW that I am using to show some technical diagrams within programs is behaving differently on some of the calculators. On some of them the diagram takes over the entire screen without the program's custom menu showing underneath (as intended) whereas on other calculators the menu covers the lower part of the diagram (this is something I hadn't noticed before). The exact commands within the programs are: << PICT PURGE 'SLOTPIC' RCL PICT STO { # 0h # 0h } PVIEW 7. FREEZE >> .

All the calculators have previously been updated to ROM version 2.15 & the programs causing this behaviour are exactly the same.

I thought it might be something related to the settings on individual machines but I've confirmed all the Flag settings are identical & any other settings I could think-off. Have already spent more time on this than I was expecting :-(.

Whilst it is not a big deal, I'd like to understand what causes this difference in behaviour so I know how to manage it in the future.

Your thoughts & suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)