HP Palmtop Tube - New Youtube Channel
01-07-2022, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2022 03:10 PM by Bill (Smithville NJ).)
HP Palmtop Tube - New Youtube Channel
I just ran across a new You Tube Channel that has some wonderful videos on the HP-200LX Palmtops. This Channel is only about two months old and already includes videos about getting Minix to work on the 200LX and using SCSC Devices with it.

HP Palmtop Tube

This is the first time I've actually seen Minix fully working on the HP-200LX. Towards the end of Part 1 Minix video, he uses a Psion 3 as a RS-232 terminal to connect to the 200LX Minix.

The following is where he introduces himself on the VCF Forums:

Introduction and Info on my HP DOS Palmtop (100/200LX) YouTube Channel

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2022, 07:32 PM
RE: HP Palmtop Tube - New Youtube Channel
Thanks for the post! He now has one more subscriber Smile

I do like the 200LX. It brings back memories of the old DOS days and all the painful fun it could inflict...

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
01-09-2022, 06:07 PM
Interesting. Thank you for the link. Smile

By clicking on the "HPC:Factor DOS palmtop forums" inscription at the top of the page, I've discovered a new forum devoted to the HP palmtops :
https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/...asp?fid=52

Jean-Charles
01-14-2022, 08:13 AM
(01-07-2022 03:04 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  I just ran across a new You Tube Channel that has some wonderful videos on the HP-200LX Palmtops. This Channel is only about two months old and already includes videos about getting Minix to work on the 200LX and using SCSC Devices with it.

HP Palmtop Tube

This is the first time I've actually seen Minix fully working on the HP-200LX. Towards the end of Part 1 Minix video, he uses a Psion 3 as a RS-232 terminal to connect to the 200LX Minix.

The following is where he introduces himself on the VCF Forums:

Introduction and Info on my HP DOS Palmtop (100/200LX) YouTube Channel

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ

Hi,

Thanks for noticing my new YouTube channel Smile
I found this thread through google, and I decided to subscribe...

I'm currently setting up my channel's website,
it's hosted entirely on a 200LX machine Smile
I'll post a link to the website when it's completed in a few days...
I plan to have a download section where people can download the software I use in my videos aswell as drivers, patches for parallel port audio interfaces for games, and other software people can enjoy on 100/200LX machines...

I've got a whole list of ideas to make crazy videos pushing the 200LX machines to do crazy things for 2022, and if any of you have any ideas, please let me know and i'll see if I can add it to the list and make a video about it...

Cheers,
Radiance (aka Terrence Vergauwen)
01-15-2022, 02:03 AM
Greetings, and welcome to the forum! I hope you find the conversations and camaraderie here enjoyable. Good to see such amazing things being done with old tech. Maybe explore the processor used in the 100lx/200lx. I think I remember something unique about a dual instruction set mode.

Cheers,
~Mark

01-15-2022, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2022 08:18 AM by EdS2.)
Welcome, Terrence!

Mark, I haven't been able to find anything special about the processor. I did find this page
https://hermocom.com/8-cat-hplx/12-hornet.html
via this discussion
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=85363
01-15-2022, 12:40 PM
Thanks for tracking that information down, I must be thinking of an entirely different handheld! I remember something with a processor from a Japanese chip maker that could switch between the 8088 and Z80 instruction set. Could run DOS or CP/M.

01-16-2022, 10:39 AM
Not sure which machine it might have been, but maybe used NEC's V20, which could run in an x86 or 8080 mode, AFAICT:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEC_V20

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)