48 User RPL command name to/from prolog mapping
01-10-2022, 10:19 AM
48 User RPL command name to/from prolog mapping
I'm trying to find where and how User RPL commands (eg SIN, +, HOME etc) are mapped to their address (prolog) and vice versa.

I found an article that says the command string is immediately before the relevant System RPL code but I can't see it there. I'm wondering if this is done via another table or two to allow quick translation both ways.

I went looking for the full code to the 48S/G but couldn't find it anywhere, I thought someone would have disassembled and uploaded somewhere but doesn't appear so.

Any pointers or information appreciated.

TIA, dmh

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: 48 User RPL command name to/from prolog mapping
(01-10-2022 10:19 AM)dmh Wrote:  I'm trying to find where and how User RPL commands (eg SIN, +, HOME etc) are mapped to their address (prolog) and vice versa.

I found an article that says the command string is immediately before the relevant System RPL code but I can't see it there. I'm wondering if this is done via another table or two to allow quick translation both ways.

I went looking for the full code to the 48S/G but couldn't find it anywhere, I thought someone would have disassembled and uploaded somewhere but doesn't appear so.

Any pointers or information appreciated.

TIA, dmh

Commands that are within a library follow that format, so they include the name immediately before the code. I think there was a length 2 nibbles right before the code, which allowed you to skip to the beginning of the name.

You should start your search here:
https://www.hpcalc.org/details/1717

Other commands are direct execution and there's no name, you need some kind of EXTABLE library to decompile. The userRPL exposed commands I believe they are all DOROMP so they should have their name before the code.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)