Hpprg file to Custom label on 50g.
01-14-2022, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2022 09:48 PM by matalog.)
Hpprg file to Custom label on 50g.
Now that I have my 50g going again, I forget how I got the hpprg files that I saved from hpuseredit, to appear as shortcuts on my 50g.

[Image: Calc%20shortcuts.jpg?dl=0]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmnnn1dvuqq2wr...s.jpg?dl=0

I can easily run them from the files section of the 50g, but I do not remember how I got them to appear as shortcuts. I have a feeling that I had to run it in RPN mode for the shortcuts to appear.

The hpprg file is a BEEP music player that consists of a list of notes and the instruction to play each.

Any help to get this shortcut would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Hpprg file to Custom label on 50g.
If /I access it from the VARS menu, then it is available as a shortcut.
01-15-2022, 09:39 PM
Where in the files menu is it (iram, eram, flash or sd)?

What name does it have?

If you answer these then we can tell you how to create a menu item that runs it when pressed.
01-15-2022, 10:39 PM
(01-15-2022 09:39 PM)BruceH Wrote:  Where in the files menu is it (iram, eram, flash or sd)?

What name does it have?

If you answer these then we can tell you how to create a menu item that runs it when pressed.

Yeah, good point. I currently have it in a folder called "Mines" which is in the "Home" folder. It is also in CASDIR in the Home folder and in the root directory of the SD card. It is called MB3.hpprg.
01-15-2022, 11:35 PM
For programs in the Home folder (or subfolders beneath that) then the normal way to run them is via the VARS menu.

So from the HOME menu[1] press "MINES" then press "MB3..." (where ... is however much of the "MB3.hpprg" name it can display - not sure off the top of my head) and hopefully the tune will play.

Where RPL v Algebraic mode matters is that in RPL mode pressing the menu item will run the program immediately, taking its data from the stack. In Algebraic mode it will display the program name followed by open bracket and then it expects you to supply the parameters before running. For a music player program it's likely that it was meant to be run in RPL mode.

[1] To get to the HOME menu: press VAR, then press left+shift UPDIR two or three times until line 2 in the header shows {HOME} (assuming you have the normal two-line header display turned on).
01-16-2022, 01:52 AM
(01-15-2022 11:35 PM)BruceH Wrote:  [1] To get to the HOME menu: press VAR, then press left+shift UPDIR two or three times until line 2 in the header shows {HOME} (assuming you have the normal two-line header display turned on).

The 50g has a built-in shortcut for the HOME command: Press and hold down the left-shift key, then press VAR (UPDIR) and then release both keys. This eliminates the need to press UPDIR repeatedly to get to the HOME directory. It's also a handy way to type the HOME command while programming.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2022, 02:31 AM
(01-16-2022 01:52 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(01-15-2022 11:35 PM)BruceH Wrote:  [1] To get to the HOME menu: press VAR, then press left+shift UPDIR two or three times until line 2 in the header shows {HOME} (assuming you have the normal two-line header display turned on).

The 50g has a built-in shortcut for the HOME command: Press and hold down the left-shift key, then press VAR (UPDIR) and then release both keys. This eliminates the need to press UPDIR repeatedly to get to the HOME directory. It's also a handy way to type the HOME command while programming.

Hmmm.... I wonder where HP got the idea to include this???

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)