Spice AAA battery adapter
01-15-2022, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2022 10:33 AM by isanchez.)
Spice AAA battery adapter
Hi,

A few weeks ago I was telling my friend José González how difficult it was for me to use "spice" models in a usual situation. Many of the "spice" calculators I have have one or both contacts ruined and the charging contacts are unusable. This is mainly due to two reasons: the first and most frequent is to leave the batteries inside and let the acid act, this is aggravated when the batteries increase in volume and burst the back cover; The second is that AA-type batteries are used, which currently seem to be a little longer than the original ones, creating internal stresses that break the back casing. These circumstances make me have taken some hatred for them.

Today I received at home an adapter designed by José that has left me speechless. It is an adapter to use two AAA type batteries (rechargeable or not), so that they fit perfectly, without introducing any tension on the casing and facilitating their charging or replacement outside the calculator.

It seems to me a great work that I want to share. I attach some photos.

Greetings

Ignacio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2022, 01:38 PM
RE: Spice AAA battery adapter
This is an excellent solution Ignacio, thanks for sharing it here. Like many great solutions, its elegance is in its simplicity.

Will your friend José be willing to sell some of these, or if not, is he willing to share the 3D design?

Thanks!

--Bob Prosperi
01-15-2022, 01:53 PM
(01-15-2022 01:38 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  This is an excellent solution Ignacio, thanks for sharing it here. Like many great solutions, its elegance is in its simplicity.

Will your friend José be willing to sell some of these, or if not, is he willing to share the 3D design?

Thanks!

You bet Bob! Got the newsletter two days ago.
TheCalculatorStore is already selling those @€36 each.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2022, 02:15 PM
And just now reduced to €29.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2022, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2022 03:33 PM by isanchez.)
Hi again,

I purchased it in https://www.thecalculatorstore.com/

I do not have commertial relation, I am just a collector. We just spend some time thinking on how to solve the usual problems we detect in the HP calculators...and this is really a big one for spice models. In fact I sent him an HP37E of mine to take measures and design the model. Nw it is back and it is impressive.

I hope it can be of help for you.

Regards

Ignacio
01-15-2022, 04:22 PM
(01-15-2022 01:53 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(01-15-2022 01:38 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  This is an excellent solution Ignacio, thanks for sharing it here. Like many great solutions, its elegance is in its simplicity.

Thanks!

You bet Bob! Got the newsletter two days ago.
TheCalculatorStore is already selling those @€36 each.

OK, Thanks! I didn't realize Ignacio's José was that José...

I'll look at the store, but with shipping to US, these are likely too expensive, well over $50/ea. Probably not too bad within EU, but the trip across the pond takes ever longer and costs keep rising...

But, the really good news is José has a newsletter, that I have somehow not known about until now, so thanks Massimo!

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)