Debounce Bug in Teenix Firmware/Software?
01-17-2022, 12:27 AM
Debounce Bug in Teenix Firmware/Software?
I have this cursed HP 67 calculator that I have been desperately trying to get fixed (I already have shipped it 4 times for repair of the card reader). The last repair was to replace the board with one from Teenix as the original one did not withstand shipping. However, I seem to have hit a peculiar software/firmware bug. When the X register is 0 (i.e. the display is 0) and I key either 4, 5, or 6 then it behaves like the debounce is not working and most of the time I get 44, 55 or 66. It does not happen with the other numerical keys. Now if I key again 4,5 or 6 after the first repeat, I can never have another repeat and it seems that at this point debounce is acting properly. Also if I key another(or multiple) numerical key before 4,5 or 6 the problem does not show up. Also changing the debounce option from Teenix does not change anything. So to summarize it seems the keyboard row for 4,5,6 is not debounced properly in software whenever the display is clear. Anybody has seen this problem before?

Thanks for any insight. I bought this calculator 6 months ago, spend hundreds of $ and I am often tempted to smash it on the floor.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2022, 12:48 AM
RE: Debounce Bug in Teenix Firmware/Software?
(01-17-2022 12:27 AM)YoungerThanThat Wrote:  I have this cursed HP 67 calculator that I have been desperately trying to get fixed (I already have shipped it 4 times for repair of the card reader). The last repair was to replace the board with one from Teenix as the original one did not withstand shipping. However, I seem to have hit a peculiar software/firmware bug. When the X register is 0 (i.e. the display is 0) and I key either 4, 5, or 6 then it behaves like the debounce is not working and most of the time I get 44, 55 or 66. It does not happen with the other numerical keys. Now if I key again 4,5 or 6 after the first repeat, I can never have another repeat and it seems that at this point debounce is acting properly. Also if I key another(or multiple) numerical key before 4,5 or 6 the problem does not show up. Also changing the debounce option from Teenix does not change anything. So to summarize it seems the keyboard row for 4,5,6 is not debounced properly in software whenever the display is clear. Anybody has seen this problem before?

Thanks for any insight. I bought this calculator 6 months ago, spend hundreds of $ and I am often tempted to smash it on the floor.

Please don't :-)

I haven't seen this problem but I was going to re-write the key scanning for the 67 board which will then operate the same as the 97 board. This has a different and simpler algorithm.

I will post the update when completed.

cheers

Tony
01-17-2022, 06:08 AM
RE: Debounce Bug in Teenix Firmware/Software?
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will send you a PM as I do not have a PC (only a Mac) to be able to do the update.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)