Problems installing connectivity kit -- and -- getting PC to recognize calculator
02-05-2022, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2022 01:09 AM by Gene.)
Problems installing connectivity kit -- and -- getting PC to recognize calculator
Trying to connect my PRIME G2 to a Windows 10 Enterprise edition PC.

Downloaded most recent connectivity kit.
Tried to install.
Told me I was missing a lot of .dll files.
Figure out it needed the Visual C++ thing, so downloaded and installed it.
Connectivity kit installed / loaded this time.

Plugged in my PRIME to a USB 3 port. Nothing.
Found that the suggestion is to try another port.
Windows detected it and said it was setting up a device - PRIME.
Ok, good. That message then went away but nothing is showing up in ANY pane on the connectivity kit. Nothing in calculators, etc.

Rebooted. Nothing.

Ideas? Yes, late to the party !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2022, 04:01 AM
RE: Problems installing connectivity kit -- and -- getting PC to recognize calculator
It's hard to believe that the Connectivity Kit has not been released as an EXE installer package for quite a while. The latest version is from 2020, and I'm pretty sure your grief stems from the fact that critical pre-requisites and dependable are not included in the MSI package that is available for the latest versions.

Uninstall the CK you have installed, then download and install the 2020 version, afterwards you can update to the latest version and everything should be fine.

You can download the 2020 version from hpcalc.org if you are signed into an account, or you can also get it from here
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2022, 09:16 AM
RE: Problems installing connectivity kit -- and -- getting PC to recognize calculator
I don't know if it's still the case, but usb 3 used to be a problem. Try a USB 2 port or hub.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2022, 02:20 PM
(02-05-2022 04:01 AM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  It's hard to believe that the Connectivity Kit has not been released as an EXE installer package for quite a while. The latest version is from 2020, and I'm pretty sure your grief stems from the fact that critical pre-requisites and dependable are not included in the MSI package that is available for the latest versions.

Uninstall the CK you have installed, then download and install the 2020 version, afterwards you can update to the latest version and everything should be fine.

You can download the 2020 version from hpcalc.org if you are signed into an account, or you can also get it from here

Give us just a liiiiitle more time, and you'll be able to download the 2022 CK version!

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
02-14-2022, 08:47 AM
(02-07-2022 02:20 PM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  Give us just a liiiiitle more time, and you'll be able to download the 2022 CK version!

Any plan to serve Linux users?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)