What's up at Royal/Moravia?
02-26-2022, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2022 01:57 PM by critor.)
RE: What's up at Royal/Moravia?
Due to the lack of updates since the HP 39gII release in 2013 and the lack of an exam mode, HP 39 calculators have just been evicted from the approved calculator lists in Portugal and Australia.

Portugal 2021 : http://www.esfundao.pt/images/Documento_...lcular.pdf
Portugal 2022 : http://www.dge.mec.pt/sites/default/file...s_2022.pdf

Australia 2022 : https://www.sace.sa.edu.au/coordinating/...-sheets/49

Which in both cases means that there are no HP calculators approved for exams anymore.

A very bad news.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2022, 05:36 PM
I would happy to be able to save more than one python file (py) without have to copy the app to do it.

I would like to see a scientific calculator (like the classic HP 45 or 11C/15C/16C) so that HP once again has a product in that market - not a clone of a Casio
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2022, 11:45 PM
I don't recall if there was any indication of whether this new Moravia/Royal licensing arrangement also included discontinued models or only those currently in production. Does anyone know the answer?

Although very unusual that discontinued models get support of any kind, it would be nice to see the 50g Connectivity Kit software and drivers updated for modern Windows, which looks like just a digital signature issue. Since we are talking about wish list items, a firmware update for 50g that added support for SDHC/SDXC cards would be a nice thing to see. I assume hardware is capable but not sure
02-27-2022, 02:28 AM
Opinion: You won't see any updates of any kind for the 50g.

Fact: Tim has posted that they looked into options to correct the 'signed driver' issue, but it was simply not possible due to the hardware used in the 50g.

But note that as long as you reboot with install of unsigned drivers allowed, the drivers can be installed normally and they work properly thereafter; the issue only affects the installation process and can be easily circumvented.

Question: Why the need for SDHC/SDXC cards? a 2GB SD card is essentially infinitely much space for RPL program storage for just about anyone, why are you thinking you need so much?

--Bob Prosperi
02-27-2022, 05:11 AM
Yeah I know how to install the 50g CK on Win 10. The point is that it should not take a minor research project for someone who is not already a calculator nerd to get the communication going.

The SDHC/SDXC support is not for storage capacity reasons, but rather for card availability concerns. You wont find an original SD format card in any store anywhere, its all SDHC or SDXC stock.

There is no business case to be made here, actually a business case exists to NOT do these things.
02-27-2022, 05:32 AM
Yes, it is very unlikely we will see any additional support for the HP 50g or any other discontinued HP model. As for a 2GB SD card, they still seem to be available, at least through Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Flash-M...B000FGNM6I
02-27-2022, 06:46 PM
(02-27-2022 05:11 AM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  Yeah I know how to install the 50g CK on Win 10. The point is that it should not take a minor research project for someone who is not already a calculator nerd to get the communication going.

The SDHC/SDXC support is not for storage capacity reasons, but rather for card availability concerns. You wont find an original SD format card in any store anywhere, its all SDHC or SDXC stock.

There is no business case to be made here, actually a business case exists to NOT do these things.

Well, newRPL supports SDHC cards natively Wink
02-27-2022, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2022 10:15 PM by Jacob Wall.)
(02-27-2022 02:28 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Fact: Tim has posted that they looked into options to correct the 'signed driver' issue, but it was simply not possible due to the hardware used in the 50g.

Right, it's only the driver, not the CK, that has the signature problem, has been a while since I did the install. I just checked and the Windows 10 instructions I created for the installation are downloaded ~15 times per week on average from my website I guess I should update that document for Windows 11, as there are some differences again but the overall procedure still works the same, tested today.

Quote:Well, newRPL supports SDHC cards natively

Proving that the hardware is capable.

I don't use the 50g much anymore, my post was more of a comment on how to enhance the lifespan and usefulness of the 50g, which was a very good calculator.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)