What's up at Royal/Moravia?
02-20-2022, 02:33 AM
What's up at Royal/Moravia?
I don't want to pry or nag, but we've heard very little from Royal/Moravia for a few months now (since circa Prime OS 20211202). There was a lot of hype for the initial switchover, and I was wondering: what's going on there? How are things progressing, not just in calculators but also office supplies?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2022, 02:15 AM
RE: What's up at Royal/Moravia?
I've wondered the same thing. I know it takes time to transition and I suppose there are the ubiquitous supply chain issues, but the nice storefront has been dormant for a while now.
02-21-2022, 07:05 AM
You guys scare me.
It's been after mounths that I did some calculations with my prime at work. Which is why I decided to buy an other prime to have one at home aswell. I literally came to the forum after checking out the purchase.
Reading about 'switchover' and reading about what has been changed during the last yoear I very much feel like: dead horse? I hope they don't play the ignore, sell, gone thing on the prime?
02-21-2022, 01:08 PM
Probably would have been no reason to hand things off at all if they were planning to ignore and abandon the PRIME.

Would cost a lot of time / money simply to dump the PRIME? Don't believe it.

My uninformed 2 cents.
Gene
02-21-2022, 03:54 PM
At least Amazon has a nice listing for the HP Prime for $125.00 USD, delivery in one day. Good photos and description. Must be in stock in their warehouses.
~ Jim J. ~
02-22-2022, 07:26 AM
Gene, I would not call it 'planned'.... but it feels familiar to me considering take-overs in the industry that I witnessed during the last years. :-(
Everyone hopes the best for the prime...or to say HP calculators in general.
02-22-2022, 05:07 PM
Don't know about the future, but I just asked cyrille if he has any insights in the future. I'll post here if I hear anything back from him. But even if development is dead. If we get a little more functionality in python and keep getting minimal bug fixes, I think the prime can keep living on for more than just a couple years with additional cool features being made by the community. Main issue for me is lack of nice development tools (hate the CK myself tbh).
02-23-2022, 08:17 AM
Don't forget that the Python app never reached the Android version - which some users find only works on-line now.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-23-2022, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2022 08:49 AM by hape.)
I've just started a new thread about python. I think I need some more information or advice on that topic. :-)

The thing with python App is that it crashes on my calculator when I switch from symb view to num view.
There still seems to be an issue with wait(-1) command that really should be fixed. And I played for one hour with my calculator transferred software with connKit and so on...well it crashed several times loosing memory during that time.

I think such things urgently need to be fixed in order to have a satisfying product.
02-24-2022, 12:55 PM
(02-20-2022 02:33 AM)Liam Hays Wrote:  I don't want to pry or nag, but we've heard very little from Royal/Moravia for a few months now (since circa Prime OS 20211202). There was a lot of hype for the initial switchover, and I was wondering: what's going on there? How are things progressing, not just in calculators but also office supplies?

Perfectly good question! Shows me that we need to be more active here on the board as well. Smile

To be clear:
  1. No, we are not gone.
  2. No, we are not planning on leaving HP (Prime) calculators to 'die'.
  3. No, we are not abandoning the calculator division.
  4. Yes, we are extremely busy with the setup.

The biggest challenge we're currently seeing, is around the availablity of parts, just like any other hardware/technology manufacturer. But rest assured, we are working very hard on bringing you cool stuff in the (near) future. We're working on new products, updates of the software, new functionality and more. As soon as I can say something more detailed, I will let you know.

We have our dedicated developers on Prime and Cyrille/Tim are still involved from a side-line. So, nothing to worry about! Smile

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
02-24-2022, 12:57 PM
(02-22-2022 05:07 PM)Beatskip Wrote:  Don't know about the future, but I just asked cyrille if he has any insights in the future. I'll post here if I hear anything back from him. But even if development is dead. If we get a little more functionality in python and keep getting minimal bug fixes, I think the prime can keep living on for more than just a couple years with additional cool features being made by the community. Main issue for me is lack of nice development tools (hate the CK myself tbh).

You are in for a treat soon...

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
02-24-2022, 02:10 PM
(02-24-2022 12:57 PM)KlaasKuperus Wrote:  You are in for a treat soon...

I assume you are referring to the new HP Connectivity Kit that you have teased in an earlier post, for which I'm pretty hyped. Just wondering, what do you mean by "soon"? Can you at least give me an approximate release date?
02-25-2022, 05:10 AM
I was honestly pretty worried development had been abandoned. It's good to hear from you guys again and I'll eagerly await the next update.

Cemetech | YouTube
02-25-2022, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2022 11:03 AM by Kevin Ouellet.)
I'm glad Prime development is not abandoned. I just recently started programming on it and I like it, especially the G2 model. If there aren't enough units in circulation in retail stores, then I assume that the chip shortage could result into a new hardware revision or higher price, right?

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
02-25-2022, 11:48 AM
(02-25-2022 10:56 AM)Kevin Ouellet Wrote:  If there aren't enough units in circulation in retail stores, then I assume that the chip shortage could result into a new hardware revision or higher price, right?
I highly doubt they want to pile up a new hardware revision on top of everything else right now. Cost optimizations and/or part swaps are more likely if they are really in a bind supply-wise as mentioned, but nothing warranting a new hardware revision letter I would guess. Maybe a higher price if they can't keep production costs under control as a last resort.
02-25-2022, 04:16 PM
Awesome stuff. I don't know how many people here follow video games or movies, but this sort of secretive hype-building feels exactly like that...not a bad thing at all, by the way Smile.

I personally don't think we need new hardware. Not only would it be hard to get, given the current situation, but most of what's in the G2 is already top of the pack.
02-25-2022, 07:25 PM
(02-25-2022 04:16 PM)Liam Hays Wrote:  Awesome stuff. I don't know how many people here follow video games or movies, but this sort of secretive hype-building feels exactly like that...not a bad thing at all, by the way Smile.

I personally don't think we need new hardware. Not only would it be hard to get, given the current situation, but most of what's in the G2 is already top of the pack.

I'd still like a speaker onboard and a way to print to a physical printer directly without having to connect to a PC. I'd also like to be able to use an external (Bluetooth? USB?) keyboard and mouse.

Tom L
Cui bono?
02-25-2022, 10:39 PM
Well, that all sounds encouraging and intriguing to me. I await whatever treats are in store.
02-26-2022, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2022 06:22 AM by Tyann.)
Quote:To be clear:
No, we are not gone.
No, we are not planning on leaving HP (Prime) calculators to 'die'.
No, we are not abandoning the calculator division.
Yes, we are extremely busy with the setup.

The biggest challenge we're currently seeing, is around the availablity of parts, just like any other hardware/technology manufacturer. But rest assured, we are working very hard on bringing you cool stuff in the (near) future. We're working on new products, updates of the software, new functionality and more. As soon as I can say something more detailed, I will let you know.

We have our dedicated developers on Prime and Cyrille/Tim are still involved from a side-line. So, nothing to worry about! Smile
Bonjour
Excellent tout ça, y a t-il dans vos projets une reprise des mises à jour pour la 39GII (machine achetée 80€ et qui dort dans un tiroir parce que trop de bugs) ?

Hello
Excellent all that, is there in your projects a resumption of the updates for the 39GII (machine bought 80€ and which sleeps in a drawer because too many bugs)?

Sorry for my english
02-26-2022, 01:43 PM
I agree that it would be nice to see a final 39gII firmware update for those who got the calculator that fixes all the bugs even if the calc is no longer being made.

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)