Geometry app: incorrect coordinates value on the plot view
02-20-2022, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2022 01:27 PM by __rotor__.)
Geometry app: incorrect coordinates value on the plot view
In the Geometry app display of point coordinates does not work correctly.

How to reproduce:
- Open Geometry app
- Go to Plot view
- Add some point (Cmds -> Point -> Point)
- Add coordinates label for it (Cmds -> Cartesian -> Coordinates)

Result: coordinates info appeared in the top left corner of the Plot view. But instead of expected value in the form of [x, y] very small single number is displayed. See attached Plot view screenshot.
Coordinates is displayed incorrectly only in the Plot view. In the Numeric view coordinates are displayed correctly. See attached Numeric view screenshot.

It reproduced on both hardware HP Prime G1 and G2 with 14603 firmware and also on virtual Prime for Windows with 14596 firmware.

This bug is seems like very obvious one. But I failed to find something about it on this forum.

So I'm sorry if this bug is already known.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2022, 10:01 AM
RE: Geometry app: incorrect coordinates value on the plot view
Hello, you are actually right: the bug is also on my HP PRIME G2 (version 2.1.14603 2021 12 02); it is also present in the emulator.

It is strange that no one has noticed this bug at the moment.

We hope that this bug (like many other bugs) will be fixed with the new firmware.
08-17-2022, 08:08 PM
Yeah, Polar Coordinates seems broken too. The coordinates can be found be Abscissa and Ordinate which do still work.
08-17-2022, 09:12 PM
This bug has already been reported to Moravia a few months ago. I also reported many other bugs with APP Geometry. I hope these bugs will be removed. Let Moravia say something.
08-18-2022, 06:31 AM
On the latest available Android (Pro) version, this bug does not seem to be present. Coordinate label looks fine for me.

We know that the mobile apps are based on an older HP Prime firmware version (before Python), so this bug in the Geometry App seems to be a recent addition.
08-19-2022, 07:14 AM
(02-20-2022 12:06 PM)__rotor__ Wrote:  In the Geometry app display of point coordinates does not work correctly.

How to reproduce:
- Open Geometry app
- Go to Plot view
- Add some point (Cmds -> Point -> Point)
- Add coordinates label for it (Cmds -> Cartesian -> Coordinates)

Result: coordinates info appeared in the top left corner of the Plot view. But instead of expected value in the form of [x, y] very small single number is displayed. See attached Plot view screenshot.
Coordinates is displayed incorrectly only in the Plot view. In the Numeric view coordinates are displayed correctly. See attached Numeric view screenshot.

It reproduced on both hardware HP Prime G1 and G2 with 14603 firmware and also on virtual Prime for Windows with 14596 firmware.

This bug is seems like very obvious one. But I failed to find something about it on this forum.

So I’m sorry if this bug is already known.

__rotor__, thank you for giving a precise, easy-to-follow sequence of steps to reproduce the bug. I’ve just now made a small adjustment to the source code that fixes the problem. (I’m one of the software developers working on the project.)

As Jan has pointed out, the bug has actually been reported and Jan’s bug report is currently in the bug tracker (as ticket 23; that ticket, too, has a clear sequence of steps that, when followed, reveal the buggy display in the Geometry Plot view — thank you, Jan, for the precise bug report!); I’ll be updating the bug tracker tomorrow.
08-19-2022, 09:36 AM
Quote:__rotor__, thank you for giving a precise, easy-to-follow sequence of steps to reproduce the bug. I’ve just now made a small adjustment to the source code that fixes the problem. (I’m one of the software developers working on the project.)

As Jan has pointed out, the bug has actually been reported and Jan’s bug report is currently in the bug tracker (as ticket 23; that ticket, too, has a clear sequence of steps that, when followed, reveal the buggy display in the Geometry Plot view — thank you, Jan, for the precise bug report!); I’ll be updating the bug tracker tomorrow.

Hello, on which website are the bu[/quote]gs reported? I am very happy that experienced people are working to perfect the HP PRIME calculator, which remains, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful calculators on the market.
Sincerely, robmio (Roberto Mioni)
08-19-2022, 11:14 PM
(08-19-2022 09:36 AM)robmio Wrote:  
Hello, on which website are the bu[​/quote​]gs reported? I am very happy that experienced people are working to perfect the HP PRIME calculator, which remains, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful calculators on the market.
Sincerely, robmio (Roberto Mioni)

Roberto, thanks for the kind words. I set up a bug tracker to try to keep things organized. One needs an account to log in (to view tickets, create tickets, comment on tickets, etc.); if you (or others here) would like an account, sending me a private message here is a good way to get one. If / when doing so, please provide an email address (for the account registration information to be sent to; the site can also [optionally] provide update notifications by email when tickets are modified) and a desired login name for the account (whose characters should be limited to lowercase ASCII letters, periods, hyphens, underscores, and digits). (Each account has a “full name” [distinct from the name used to log in] which is what is shown on tickets etc. — this full name can be set in a preferences page on the site.)
08-22-2022, 06:04 PM
O have a question. Does the fix introduced by the developer "jte" in the subject: "incorrect value of coordinates in the graph view" apply only to this case or globally all similar entries in APP Geometry. Erroneous displays in the "graph view" window are also displayed for all "Tests" commands, e.g. is collinear, is parallel, is perpendicular, etc.
08-26-2022, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2022 08:23 AM by jte.)
(08-22-2022 06:04 PM)Jan 11 Wrote:  O have a question. Does the fix introduced by the developer “jte” in the subject: “incorrect value of coordinates in the graph view” apply only to this case or globally all similar entries in APP Geometry. Erroneous displays in the “graph view” window are also displayed for all “Tests” commands, e.g. is collinear, is parallel, is perpendicular, etc.

Oh! Here is a question I can answer! Smile The change I made applies to other commands, including is_collinear, is_parallel, and is_perpendicular. The fix (more-or-less) applies to commands that produce results that are not floating-point values yet consist of real-valued components (e.g., exact integers or vectors with real, or floating-point, components [no imaginary components]). Thanks for the prodding (and the tickets), Jan. I’ve updated a couple of the other related tickets on the bug tracker.
08-26-2022, 09:40 AM
"jte", thank you very much for fixing existing bugs. Well done, I am very pleased. Regards.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)