HP41 NAVIGATION PAC Eccentricity
03-14-2022, 02:45 AM
HP41 NAVIGATION PAC Eccentricity
In the manual for the navigation pac on page 43 "Use FA to compute obliquity if desired" When running FA there are several values that are output but I can't seem to find mention of what the output values of the FA subroutine are. Any insight is greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2022, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2022 12:48 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: HP41 NAVIGATION PAC Eccentricity
Hello!

(03-14-2022 02:45 AM)WrongWay Wrote:  In the manual for the navigation pac on page 43 "Use FA to compute obliquity if desired" When running FA there are several values that are output but I can't seem to find mention of what the output values of the FA subroutine are. Any insight is greatly appreciated

It took me a moment to resolve the confusion with the page numbers (maybe we don't refer to the same scanned pdf manual?). In my version of the manual the descrition of the "FA" = fundamental arguments routine is on page number 41 of the manual or page 43 of the pdf file.
The FA routine takes as input the time which needs to be stored in register 34 and the date in the X register (about the formats consult the manual). It's output values are then stored in registers 12 through 36. Among them is the obliquity (here denoted by the "epsilon" sign) in register 29.

Hope that helps!

Regards
Max
03-14-2022, 03:08 PM
RE: HP41 NAVIGATION PAC Eccentricity
(03-14-2022 12:47 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Hello!

It took me a moment to resolve the confusion with the page numbers (maybe we don't refer to the same scanned pdf manual?). In my version of the manual the descrition of the "FA" = fundamental arguments routine is on page number 41 of the manual or page 43 of the pdf file.

Hi Max,
Thanks for your help! I have an original manual from 1982 (00041-90364) and I completely missed page 41 because it was slightly stuck to page 40.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction (pun intended)
~WrongWay

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)