Suggestion for A New App
07-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Suggestion for A New App
Having the HP 50 and the Prime, it occurred to me that a useful app for the next major software update would be something similar to the library of equations that the HP 50 has.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: Suggestion for A New App
(07-10-2014 03:18 PM)dan_h Wrote:  Having the HP 50 and the Prime, it occurred to me that a useful app for the next major software update would be something similar to the library of equations that the HP 50 has.

Yes please. Even better if there were a straightforward way to add USER created formulas that area allowed to use A-Z and Theta in them.
07-10-2014, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 09:48 PM by Joe Horn.)
(07-10-2014 03:35 PM)CR Haeger Wrote:  Even better if there were a straightforward way to add USER created formulas that area allowed to use A-Z and Theta in them.

Doesn't the built-in Solve app already do that? It allows you to use A-Z and Theta, and after you type your equation(s) in a straightforward way, you can save a copy of the entire app under a new name, and repeat as necessary, until all your equations are in the machine, with user-specified names. Is there additional functionality that you'd like to see?

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2014, 01:01 PM
The 50g lets you use units in the solver.

That would be my main request for any upgrade to the solver. And, in general as has been mentioned, the number of key strokes to use units in the prime is very high.
07-12-2014, 02:40 PM
(07-10-2014 09:48 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 03:35 PM)CR Haeger Wrote:  Even better if there were a straightforward way to add USER created formulas that area allowed to use A-Z and Theta in them.

Doesn't the built-in Solve app already do that? It allows you to use A-Z and Theta, and after you type your equation(s) in a straightforward way, you can save a copy of the entire app under a new name, and repeat as necessary, until all your equations are in the machine, with user-specified names. Is there additional functionality that you'd like to see?

Hi Joe - yes much more functionality please.

I agree that Solver App allows Home, user variables to be used as in F=m*a, but its use is limited to numerical solving in the app. Use of custom equations are near impossible to create, save and use in Home, CAS, programming or within other apps. This limits the use of the HP Prime for me and I would expect for many University level students.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)