Can non-CAS apps still be created?
03-15-2022, 06:12 AM
Can non-CAS apps still be created?
Given that the recent software version (20211202) seems to have fundamentally changed the default mode for Prime apps, is there still a way to create PPL-based apps without having access to a copy of an app from an older version of the Prime software (as outlined in thread 18035)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2022, 02:23 PM
RE: Can non-CAS apps still be created?
I did experimenting (maybe more experimenting required)
But I was able to create a new program Main1 as type PPL an then deleting Main and it appears to work as ppl. I put some simple code in there and appeared to work. You might try that. When you are in the program editor and you do new program there are a few options even Python I haven't try that yet
03-16-2022, 05:29 AM
(03-15-2022 02:23 PM)Dougggg Wrote:  [...]create a new program Main1 as type PPL an then deleting Main and it appears to work as ppl.

Ah! Yes, that worked. Thanks!

For posterity, press [Shift][1] (Program), tap on or select the App then OK, then tap on More->1 Files->1 New Program and select PPL Program from the Program Type drop-down menu.

Voilà! A brand new PPL program file in which you can spend countless frustrating hours trying to figure out all the undocumented changes between the current behavior and what is described in the Users' Guide!
09-24-2023, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2023 01:41 AM by jte.)
(03-15-2022 06:12 AM)john kono Wrote:  Given that the recent software version (20211202) seems to have fundamentally changed the default mode for Prime apps, is there still a way to create PPL-based apps without having access to a copy of an app from an older version of the Prime software (as outlined in thread 18035)?

Thanks for posting. I filed a bug report for this on the bug tracking site I’ve set up. … and PPL is again the default for App programs! Big Grin (To be more precise, this has to do with the internal build: watch for the change with the next release.)

(If anyone reading this would like an account on the bug tracker I’ve set up to help organize matters, just let me know by PM.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)