Free Materials from Richard Nelson's Library
03-21-2022, 01:21 AM
Free Materials from Richard Nelson's Library
Hello Everyone,

Not sure if it is well known, but I (Adam Jones) bought all of Richard's Library last summer. A lot has been slowly selling off on my site and elsewhere, but I want to offer up misc. photocopied notes, programming pads, etc here for FREE. All I ask for is shipping.

Please don't ask for a detailed description of what it is, as most of what I'd like to give away here is a unknown to me, hence the $0 price. I probably have 2-3 bankers' boxes worth of items. Most of this stuff covers, HP-65, 41, 48G and palmtop subjects.

Let me know who's interested.

Adam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2022, 11:38 AM
RE: Free Materials from Richard Nelson's Library
It is kind of sad to hear that Richard got rid of his HP materials. I recall a picture where he showed his huge collection in his house in Arizona (Richard's HP-Calc Documentation Library). Although I never had the opportunity to know him in person, I learned about his deep involvement in the world of HP calculators through ’65 Notes’ which later became 'PPC Journal’ and admired his continuous, seeming 24/7 engagement in its related activities. I believe that Richard’s latest editorial activities took place on the grounds of the ‘HP Solve’ newsletter apart from participating in HHC conferences.
I wonder what Richard is doing currently. I hope he is still well. Yes - I am a big fan of him!

I think that it is great idea to offer items of Richard’s Library within this forum for free (only shipping costs). Thanks, Adam!
03-21-2022, 12:33 PM
(03-21-2022 11:38 AM)Frido Bohn Wrote:  I wonder what Richard is doing currently. I hope he is still well. Yes - I am a big fan of him!

Richard is retired in AZ and spends his time on his two lifelong passions of finding new ways to explore and measure things (mostly electronics) and technical writing. If you ask questions, or look for answers, about electronics on Quora, you will more than likely run into him. Another way is to come to the annual HHC conference. I'll tell him you said hello.

--Bob Prosperi
03-21-2022, 01:25 PM
(03-21-2022 12:33 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Another way is to come to the annual HHC conference. I'll tell him you said hello.

Hi Bob,

Good to read that Richard is still active.
I always thought to attend an HHC conference at least once but hesitated because of the long way from Germany.
And thanks for your offer to say hello. Let Richard know that his efforts and innumerable contributions to the world of HP calculators are still appreciated to these days!

KR
Frido
03-22-2022, 02:04 AM
Sent you a note.
03-23-2022, 06:14 PM
I'd be interested in some of the programming pads.

Please don't throw any of this stuff away. It would probably be taken if offered at HHC and I suspect some of us would be willing to pay the postage to get it there.

Also, where are you located? I seem to recall Richard saying you're on the East Coast. If you're close enough, maybe I could pick some of it up.
03-23-2022, 11:04 PM
Maybe the handwritten notes could be scanned and added to the thumb drive? There may be some valuable knowledge that would benefit the group. I would volunteer to scan but my equipment does not meet the current standards...

My Collection: 55, 67T, 25PLP, 34C, 15C, 16C, 41CV, 41CX, 41-CL, DM41X, DM42, 42S, 48G, 71B, 75C, 95LX, HP-150, Portable+, HP-86, Integral PC.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2022, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2022 10:54 PM by aj04062.)
Hi All,

I have received your messages. I am off to London for business for the next 2 weeks. I should be able to send along things after that.

YES!! I'd love to ship 100lbs of paper to Bob. What do you think Bob?
03-28-2022, 11:53 PM
In all transparency, Eric, Jake and Sylvain are the scan-masters here, but as regards shipping paper around the country, yeah, you got me... Smile

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)