Movie Credits Double Take
03-23-2022, 03:59 PM
Movie Credits Double Take
Hi,
Are you a movie-credits watcher/reader? I certainly am, especially since so many films these days include after-credits scenes which are useful and entertaining. In any case, my family was recently watching the Pixar movie "Turning Red" on Disney+ (here in the U.S.) and I was reading the end credits. Something I didn't remember seeing before in any other movie credits was a list of all the musicians who played in the soundtrack orchestra and there, it included an oboist by the name of Lara Wickes. Lara is the daughter of HP's Bill Wickes, who named his book-publishing company "Larken Publications" after his two young children Lara and Kenneth. (I suspect that most of us here have heard of Bill's 1980 book "Synthetic Programming On The HP-41C"...) I had heard that years later, she became a musician and had played in orchestras on the West Coast so when her name popped up, it made sense. I now see that she has an additional handful of music-department credits in other films as well , as listed on imdb.com. Fun stuff.

Thanks,
Jake
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2022, 02:29 PM
RE: Movie Credits Double Take
Hi Jake,

Thanks for sharing this trivia!
Which HP calculator geek doesn't know Bill Wickes! He was one of the few who could make money from being a calculator enthusiast. Apart from his HP41-related authorship he was on HP's payroll and involved in the development of the HP28 and HP48, I believe.
From your report we can conclude at least that calculator-related foolishness is not hereditary. Big Grin

Cheers,
Frido
Find all posts by this user
03-26-2022, 04:52 AM
RE: Movie Credits Double Take
That's much nicer than the misspelling of "Hewlett Packard" which appeared in the credits of the 1985 movie "Real Genius". Big Grin

[Image: RealGenius.jpg]

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)